Chapter 10

Barka de Sallah to all Muslims ❣️❤️. Couldn't update yesterday because of preparations so I'm posting today to make up for it 😌. Hope you like it ☺️.

Dedicated to simply_mhee

Chapter Ten

CYNTHIA

We get to the cafeteria and I immediately notice that John is already seated at our usual table, eating his lunch.

I should probably tell him now before I change my mind.

Grace who has now left me behind realises that I'm no longer beside her and calls out.

"Girlfriend, why are you just standing there? Lunch will be over soon, come over to get your food."

"Get me snacks to take away." I respond to her then begin to approach John.

As I walk towards John, my head on its own accord decides to glance at Michael and his friend's table and I'm surprised to see that he isn't with them.

I find myself smirking. He's probably too embarrassed to face his friends.

Serves him right.

I continue to walk to our table until I finally get to John. He raises his head up to look at me and a smile immediately lightens his face.

I start to return his smile subconsciously but that's until he speaks.

"I thought you were avoiding me, that's why I didn't bother waiting with you in front of Grace's class."

Oh, shit. He knows.

"I was going to leave you with no choice when we close though but I guess you weren't even avoiding me after all." He adds.

I was avoiding you, alright. But not anymore.

"Let's talk." I tell him.

He looks surprised at my statement but his surprised expression soon changes into a happy one and he grins, looking excited.

"Sure." He replies immediately. "When do you-

The bell announcing the end of lunch rings just then and he groans.

"Let's just talk after school closes like you planned." I say, smiling at his eagerness.

"Alright." He replies but not as enthusiastic as before and I can't help chuckling lightly.

"Babe, I got you your snacks." Grace announces and I discover that she's now next to me. "And we should probably leave the cafeteria before the teachers come and try to punish us." She states before turning to John. "Are you not done with your food?"

"I am. Let me just drop the plate where the dishes are done and we will leave." He answers, standing up.

He comes back to meet us at the entrance of the cafeteria and the three of us walk back to the classroom together. Thankfully, Grace's constant babbling keeps me from having to contribute to whatever it is they are discussing but I couldn't stop thinking about how I'm to tell him what I want to.