Chapter 12

This chapter is dedicated to ebodotxandria for being a loyal reader since Operation Falling first started. She was one of the people who also asked when I'll be starting again and I'm grateful for that. Thank you!

Picture of Grace in the media above 😘

Chapter Twelve

Warning: This Michael's POV contains a bit of mature scenes. If you're uncomfortable reading, skip to Cynthia's POV.

MICHAEL

"Michael, eat something."

Maggie says for the umpteenth time in my room, holding the tray of food in her hand like it's a trophy that is meant to be awarded to me.

"Maggie, I'm not hungry." I groan from where I'm lying on the bed, repeating the same answer I've told her for like the last ten time she has asked.

I had gotten home and immediately gone to shower, refusing to give Henry and Kunle who had tried to talk to me any audience.

I made sure the room was locked so I wouldn't be interrupted when I begin to watch American series on Netflix as it has become my solace but that was until Maggie had knocked on the door repeatedly, asking me to open it for her.

And since there was no way I could ignore her like the rest, I had opened the door and had immediately gone back to lie on my bed, only realizing she was even holding a tray when she had asked me to eat something for the first time.

"Did something happen in school?" She asks, finally dropping the tray of food on the table in my room and edging towards me on the bed.

I contemplate telling her that I beat a guy in school today but since it was nothing to be proud of, I decide against it.

"I'd rather not talk about it."

"Was it with the girl?"

I turn to look at her immediately, giving her a wary look.

How had she known?

"Oh, I guess she is. Why? Are you planning your revenge already?"

I scoff. As if.

"Maggie, I'm not answering your questions no matter what. Just leave me alone." I grumble and draw my laptop nearer to me.

She chuckles and clears her throat, "How about this then? You take two spoons of moimoi (bean cake) for every question I ask and you refuse to answer."

I give her a look of disbelief.

Is she really going to make me eat this way? By making a deal?

"I don't know."

She shakes her head and wags her finger at me, "You can't have both. Either answer my questions or eat the food."

"Fine. I'll eat the food." I reply, sitting up on the bed and she smiles triumphantly.

She walks towards the table to take the tray of food and come to place it on my lap then she gives me an expectant look.

I raise an eyebrow at her, "What?"

"You have to take two spoons for the last questions I ask you that you didn't answer and I think that's five."

My eyes widen in bewilderment, "Five? It isn't even up to that."

"Should we count?" She asks with a shrewd smile and I groan, knowing there's no way I can win against her.

"Fine. I'll take ten spoons."