Chapter 13: Britannia Ruled The Waves

The world turned grim as afternoon struck the 11th of December. But ignorant of the events in the Pacific, The Black Seagulls team sat around loosely coming up with strategies against the Japanese and the Germans. Uncertainty was within their beer which they drank plenty of. They'd either help the Soviets against the Germans, or the Americans in the Pacific.

"Let's be real though," Juels debated, "We not going to the Pacific, too much sea and we are a mainly ground unit."

"A ground unit that's extremely good at infiltration," Anker argued back, "You got valuable intelligence from the Italians, got me out of prison, then you and I back at Greece survived a whole military base after us."

"Yeah then you freaked out," Oliver pointed out.

"Almost got Juels killed back at Hill 669 because of your tantrum," Luca explained.

"By destroying the Italian artillery, all by myself?"

"Still can't believe you did that. I mean, you are not a one-man army."

Juels defending him chuckled, "He is literally a one-man army. You weren't there when we were training."

"Look, we need to develop strategies against both forces. We are relying too much on luck," Devil's Ace diverted the conversation back on track, "And one where it doesn't involve me doing danger close runs. I know my aim is way too accurate than what it's realistically possible, but there may be other variables."

"Alright, we'll focus on Germany, it's the most likely scenario." Juels decided.

Just then the door plunged open with The Man walking in a hurry. The group sat uptight placing their drinks down.

"We are going to the Pacific!" He exclaimed in a rushed voice.

"What? Why? Isn't the main threat Germany? You know how deep they are into the USSR right?" Juels countered.

"No, they're not. They are taking over Hong Kong-"

"That's not the worst."

"I wasn't done. They are also invading the Philippines, Malaya, Thailand fucking Singapore! The South West ships in Asia they are-" The man breathed heavily, "The biggest lie I was told, was that Britannia rules the waves. Pack your shit, we got Japs to kill." 

The Man stormed off leaving the room in deathly silence.

Silently, Juels ordered, "You heard the man, get your stuff."

The group sheepishly replied, "Yes Sir," Before getting up.