Chapter 48: Exams for the Right to Fight!

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'm always open to notes and comments, I like to read them so don't be afraid. <3

Shouta POV:

   After weeks of training and hard work it's time to take my students to their provisional licensing exam. They've all come very far in their hero work, and while I don't think it's a good idea to let first years enter the heroine world so soon, I can say I'm almost proud of their work.

   Key word, almost. They still have a long way to go. I just hope this exam doesn't crush them. However if I know my kids then they won't let failing the exam stunt their growth. If anything it pushes them further. They really do go beyond and "plus ultra".

"Alright, everyone off the bus and into the main building. Don't procrastinate. Kaminari do not put that in your mouth." I sigh, trying to tame my class.

   They spoke to some other students and then headed for the main building. I was just going to enjoy some alone time in the seats and maybe even catch up on paperwork but I was stopped by an annoyingly familiar face.

"Hey, Eraserhead! Ready to watch your kids get knocked out? It's something I look forward to every year!" Ms. Joke approaches me.

"Joke, it's been a while. Not long enough though." I sigh.

"Ha! Good one, how about this, let's get married! Hahaha!" Joke loses it to her own gag.

"Joke, I have a husband, this joke is getting old. Plus don't you have a girlfriend?" I ask her.

"Yup! That's what makes it so funny." She laughs.

"Right." I groan.

   Ms. Joke and I head up to the seats to watch our students while they battle. She decided to sit next to me even after I told her not to. She's like that and it might be nice to see her face when she realizes my kids shouldn't be underestimated.

   I look down at the field as the students are released. I notice Bakugou walks away from the main group only to be followed by Kaminari and Kirishima. I'm glad he has friends that will follow him when he does dumb stuff like that. I don't doubt his power or planning. I just know every student out there is targeting them.

"Eraserhead, looks like you've got a close eye on your kids! Are you getting close to them?" Joke teases.

"Just doing my job, Joke." I keep my eyes on the field.

"Since you care about them so much I hope you warned them about what happens every year! They might get their spirits crushed being targeted by everyone on the field." Joke looks at me.

"Whether I told them or not, they still would have been targeted. I know my students won't falter on the battlefield as long as they have hope of victory. Even if they do get eliminated here they won't lose faith. I know they will just work harder." I turn to her.

"Sounds like you really do have a soft spot for them!" She laughs.

   The battles are off. And my students are split up. They all manage though. Running in small groups or dodging on their own. I notice Izuku disappears from view after being confronted by some girl but I know he's fine.

   I see Yaoyorozu, Shoji, Asui, and Jiro head into a building. It's an obvious trap from the outside but I think they can handle themselves. I noticed Todoroki also ran off alone and he's already finished a battle with quite a few kids.

   Watching my students have to fight to prove themselves is a little nerve wrenching. Not that I would ever let anyone know, but I care about these kids a whole lot. I want to go down there and teach them what they're missing but it's too late for that. I just watch from a distance.