Chapter 9: Quick heroing tales!

A/N: Hey! I'm going to swap POV's a lot in this chapter! Let me know if you like all the short stories together or if you prefer the spotlight one at a time for each storyline. Anywho, enjoy!

Trigger warning: abuse, self doubt, attacks, nightmares. Safe reading! <3

Hatsume POV:

'This is incredible!'

   My dad called me downstairs to the living room saying I got mail. I wasn't expecting it to be from Nezu, but it was! He wrote to me saying he thought my work was 'honorable' and 'going places'. My dad was very excited for me too. And while being close to the principal is nice I'm more hyped about the blueprints he sent to me.

   These are the blueprints for the babies he and Power Loader built. From the small but admirable one point robots to the strong and swift three pointers. He even sent me the plans for that giant zero point robot, and it's build is remarkable!

   I can tell we have different ways of going around robotics. Nezu and Power Loader use heavy armor on the outside and around its energy core, however each bot has exposed wires. These wires are cased in a metal shield but it's very flimsy. This is probably to help make them an easier match for the soon to be first years.

   Now that I'm looking at these plans I'm even more impressed by the quirkless kid's performance. He used knives to pierce the zero pointer's hard armor multiple times, just to climb up and cut the wires exposed on its neck! This wouldn't be an easy feat for any of the kids with quirks! That kid, Minori or something, must be really strong and have great experience with knives!

   I did notice his hands got raw using the knives excessively, I wonder if I can build something for his hands in order to help with that. Maybe some sort of glove + gauntlet combo that could help with gripping, stopping irritation, and delivering punches!

That's it! I know what I can do.

Hitoshi POV:

"D-damn it. It's not fair."

   I just got my letter from UA letting me know how awful I did. I can't use my quirk on robots, it was rigged against me. It's not fair. I scored a perfect score on the written but I could only get 5 points on the physical exam. I took down just a few robots before my body became exhausted. I was so tired I could only run when the robots tried to attack me. I was hoping to improve that stuff at UA, I didn't plan on needing it to get in.

   They're putting me in the general course. I hate it. Nobody purposefully enters the general course. It's all heroic wannabes that sucked too much to make it in. Even the business course is more honorable than the general course. It goes hero course, support, business, then general and I hate it.

I just wanted to be a hero. Why won't anyone help me be a hero?

   There's no point in wallowing in pity. Even if it takes a while I might still find a way into the hero course. But I can't rely on anyone else. I have to do this alone. No one's gonna help me so I have to help myself.

I will become a hero. No matter how long it takes.

Earserhead POV:

"B-bye! Good luck, be safe!" Izuku stood in the door and waved to me.

"Yeah, be safe Earserhead! Love ya." Mic boomed.

"Right love you two." I leapt over our fence and made my way down the street.

   I ran down the road to get to my normal patrol routes but stopped short when I heard screaming coming from an alleyway. Make a sharp turn and bolt down the right passageway. I take in the situation, still unnoticed.