Yeah and I told you not to do that. "Yeah, but we're not together anymore and I was working," I say instead.

She rolls her eyes before laughing it off, easing the atmosphere. "Fine. I'll knock next time, okay?"

I nod and sink back into my chair. Camille walks around the desk until she's in front of me, compelling me to roll backward in my chair. She lets her rear lean against the desk, now looking down at me in a half-standing position.

She still looks the same, just like she did when we broke up. Maybe her hair is longer and her eyebrows a little bushier, probably following the latest trend.

She smiles down at me and I'm not sure why she's even here. Don't get me wrong, Camille and I didn't part on bad terms so it's not like I'm completely shocked to find her here. I hadn't seen her in a long time, that's all.

And it's not that I don't like her. We had agreed that breaking up would be best for both of us, but we still remained friends. She's been traveling a lot to fashion shows and recently released her own fashion brand.

Sometimes she can be difficult and I can't say Jimin liked her, but it's not like she's a bad person. She has bad personality traits, but all of us do. And being overdramatic is one of them.

"How are you?" she then asks after we've been in silence for a few moments. "We haven't talked in a while."

I nod in agreement. "I've been fine. Just working like always."

"You haven't changed a bit." She smiles, resting her hands on the corner of the wooden desk. "I saw your Vogue copy. You looked very handsome."

"Thank you," I say appraisingly. I was hoping we wouldn't talk about that because I've already gotten too much attention from the October edition. The Vogue photoshoot has made me trend on Twitter again, which Jimin told me last week.

"Okay, I get it. You don't want to talk about it." Camille then laughs. She, along with Jimin, is one of the only people who knows me more than I care to admit. It makes me feel exposed.

"How are you?" I ask instead, not wanting to dwell on the topic.

"I've been in Paris the last few weeks. You know Fashion Week in the fall is always hectic, but it was so much fun," she tells me, and I think back to when she was traveling for several months while we were still together. "I was able to meet a lot of people, influential ones mind you, so that's good too."

"Oh, really?" I ask, my eyes tickling to look at the paper in front of me because it looks like there's been made a mistake.

"Yes! I've met Mona Tougaard, Adut Akech, and even Kaia Gerber." I have no clue who that is. "Cindy Crawford's daughter." she rolls her eyes. "Whatever, I was—"

A knock on the door interrupts her. Am I an asshole for being grateful to whoever is behind the door for sparing me the boring topic of modeling?

"Come in," I call out, shifting my gaze from Camille to the door.

The door opens slowly, revealing Mikayla. I can only see her head as she is still standing outside in the hallway. She looks back and forth between me and Camille, her eyes taking on a worried look.

"Am I interrupting?" she asks and I shake my head.

"You can come in, Ms. Carlson," I say and hear Camille sigh, she doesn't step aside but stays leaning against my desk.