"I'm not telling you" Jungkook scoffed, "good thing is, she didn't consider it a date.."

Taehyung scowled, "whatever.. I have a real date planned for her and I've already asked her out for that."

"What? What the fuck?!" Jungkook looked shaken up by that information, but at least he had something to be angry about.. Both of them were putting efforts EXCEPT me. Because all y/n saw when she saw me was a wounded animal...too sad to do anything but cry over his ex girlfriend... What had Taehyung told her...

"When do I get to take her out on a date?" I rolled my eyes.

"Not anytime soon" Taehyung said, "she still thinks you're shattered after your breakup.."

"Thank god for that" Jungkook snickered, "at least there's less competition.."

"Fuck you both."

And that's how I landed at y/n and Taehyung's apartment for the third time this week, I had to tell her the reason of my break up.. or at least make it apparent enough so that she's aware that there are 3 players in the game and not 2..
I could easily play the sympathy card but I didn't want her to think that I consider her a rebound.. I had to play this out smartly.. it was time to turn on my charm..

Y/n was still out of with Jungkook when I reached, so I decided to continue my long overdue conversation with Taehyung...

"Did you love him?"

"Dude- where is this coming from?" He dropped the plate he was washing and looked at me with wide eyes.

"I can see it in your eyes Tae" I said, "did you?"

"I-uh- I don't know?" He avoided eye contact, "let's not talk about this.."

"How did I not know about this back then.. how did I not read your face?"

"He wanted me to hide it" he simply replied, "I did everything in my power to make him happy" he had stopped scrubbing the dishes now, "well, almost everything.. except telling him the truth.. Plus-" he chuckled, "there was something exciting about it being a secret"

"Do you still love him?" I asked and saw his expression change suddenly.

"What? Pfft.. No-"

"Are you sure?"

"Umm.. yeah- Of course I am... I love y/n- like- I like y/n"

"Love... You can love two people at once.."

"I can?" He mumbled, "I mean, not that I do haha, I just-"

"I think he loved you too" I said without much thinking, "I saw how both of you spoke to each other, Tae.."

He poked his cheek with his tongue, "I know what you're trying to do"

"What?"

"You're trying to get me to think of Jungkook so you can focus on y/n.. how devilish.."

"The thought did cross my mind but nope, that's not what I'm doing right now-"

"Even I considered doing this to you and MiCha but then that bitch cheated on you.."

"I can't believe you were gonna fall that low.."

"I didn't do it though.. unlike you"

"Taehyung.. I really care about you.. And I wasn't there for you when you went through all of that.. it must've been hell for you.. I need to make up for it." I put a hand on his shoulder.

He took a deep breath, "I don't know how he feels about all of this.. I don't know how I feel either.. I'm just happy that we can talk to each other again without him having the thoughts of strangling me.."