Chapter 10: I Need You To Come Back

Start from the beginning

"You are not going anywhere." His thin lips are covered with an evil, sadistic grin as he drags the man out of his vehicle by the neck.

"I'm not the one you want! I was hired! My job was to kidnap the woman and deliver her to them! I swear! Please do not hurt me!" The driver clutches his hands out to shield his face.

"Who is 'them'?" Loki snarls, tightening his grip on the man's throat.

"I don't know! It's the truth! Please!" The man struggles against Loki's hand, attempting to free himself from the God's firm grip.

"What is in it for you?" Loki growls.

"Please, good sir, they have my son." Tears stream down the driver's cheeks.

"Let him go, Loki. He's harmless." After hearing the poor driver's plea, you approach him. Loki releases him from his grip. "Where were you supposed to take me?"

"To an abandoned warehouse near the Hudson. It is you in exchange for my son. Please, I swear I didn't mean any harm. I just want to save my boy." He begs. "He's only eight years old."

"Your eight-year-old son was kidnapped?"

"Yes ma'am. They will kill him if I don't bring you within the next two hours. Please, you have to help me." Getting a glimpse of his bloodshot eyes, you stare straight back at him.

"Take me there."

"Absolutely not! It's far too dangerous! You shouldn't venture out alone." Loki warns. "You shall wait for the proper authorities and allow them to take care of it."

"No, Loki. They might kill his son before the police even gets there! We have to do something now." You argue. "If we don't do something, who will? His son is in danger! The poor boy must be terrified!"

"Then what do you suggest?" Loki huffs.

"I have a plan."

~~~~~

"Well done, you got us captured." Loki grumbles. "A tremendous idea, I must say."

"That was the plan, idiot

"That was the plan, idiot." You roll your eyes, already irritated.

"Do enlighten me - oh, wise one - How do we get out of here?" Loki huffs, breaking his chains with ease. In shock, your eyes widen.

"That's handy," You say, amazed at how easily he broke free. "Your magic was bound only to a certain extent, right?"

"The old ergi could never bind my Seidr. I only allowed him to think that he did." Loki huffs.

"So, you've had full access to your magic all along?"

"Seidr, but yes."

That might actually make things easier. Thor told me that you can clone yourself, is that true?"

"Duplication casting, not cloning. And yes, more than once as well." Loki boasts.

"I just need you to duplicate yourself once. One Loki is already a lot to handle, let alone two or more." You pull on your binds once more, hissing as the chains dig into your skin.