T H I R T Y F O U R

Start from the beginning

Spooky frowned at Miguel, as if he were a stupid. "What made you ask such a stupid question? You're practically a fugitive from justice."

Miguel raised his brows and stretched his neck. "Oh shit, I forgot foo."

With a "the fuck" expression on our faces, we all looked at Miguel. Danny shifted his focus back to Manny.

"Don't play that shit with me; I want to run this business as badly as you do. You just want to take control of everything by yourself so that pops can give everything to you." Danny remarked.

Manny stood up and approached Danny. "He technically delegated everything to me already because he believes I am capable of running the business better than you. What was the total number of motherfuckas you killed? What was the total number of drugs you sold? What was the total amount of money you laundered? You have no right to tell me shit. You messed up so many missions in the past that you can't even count the shit on your fingers."

Danny stood up and was about to fight Manny, but Carlos stepped in between them.

"Stop it, you two." Carlos then turned to face Manny. "Your brother is correct. You could have brought him with you. He deserves to be a part of this business just like you."

Celina stepped in front of them. "Papa, why would you even encourage something like this? Manny came here to avoid the FBI in Los Angeles. If the FBI in Los Angeles discovers that he is involved in this. He's going to prison on a slew of charges. I'm not sure why your father didn't have one of his men do it. Manny, did you even tell him about your problems in LA?"

Manny gave Celina a blank expression. "No, and he has no need to know. He told me to take Santiago out, and I did. Santiago cheated pops, and he got what he deserved. This concludes the discussion."

Danny burst out laughing. "You didn't tell him because you knew if you did, he'd be disappointed that the FBI had some information on you."

Manny was about to punch Danny when Celina intervened, and Carlos continued to restrain Danny.

"All right, that's enough. You two are far too big for this. Your son is literally standing right here, witnessing this behavior. Now this needs to be hugged out. You're brothers, so act like it." Carlos stated as he looked at Manny and Danny.

Manny turned to face his son, who was staring at them with sad eyes. Manny looked at Danny and slowly approached him, hugging him. Danny didn't seem to want to hug Manny at first, but he did. They parted away from each other, and Camila got up and looked at the both of them.

"Enough with the drug talk, you guys. Let's go to the beach for a little fresh air. I don't want us to get into a fight on your last day here." Camila hugged both of her brothers as she said this.

Manny rolled his eyes and pushed Danny in a playful manner. "I'm sorry for not allowing you to participate in the mission. I want you to get that duffle bag out of my room and take it to pops warehouse before I leave."

Danny rubbed the spot where Manny had shoved him. "All right, bruh. I gotchu."

Rubi snatched her belongings and dashed out the door. "Ok, then, let's go."

We all gathered our belongings and started walking to the nearest beach. Me, Rubi, and Camila were walking on the beach, while Manny was playing with his son and Celina and Carlos were relaxing in their beach chairs, taking in the view. Spooky, Miguel, and Danny were smoking weed and chilling.