Chapter 4: Let's Play a Game

Start from the beginning

You hugged your mom and headed upstairs to your room. You walk into Epiphany putting on oil in her hair and putting them into braids. You grabbed your clothes and went to take a shower. You kept thinking about the barn. Is Peter really who they say he is? You can only imagine that he was very tall and was a pumpkin. You had to know for yourself until you thought of something. What if you snuck in their barn when they're at school? The farm will be empty so it can give you easy access to the place. There's nothing wrong walking in there, right?

You got out of the shower and brushed your teeth. You put on some black sweatpants and a baggy shirt that promoted your favorite ice cream brand. You moisturized your skin and hair then went straight to bed. You need to know about Peter.

The next day...

It was 6:00 am and you heard your sister getting ready. Mom and dad were asleep but you proceeded to go downstairs and make something for your siblings to eat. Epiphany later joined to help you make the lunches. She was wearing the school uniform which was a white buttoned-up dress shirt and navy blue pleated skirt. She also has a grey cardigan sweater and on the collar of the shirt was a red bow.

"Wow, you look nice in it!" You commented.

"Meh it feels boring but I can style it up a bit. The school says to wear any black closed-toe shoe so I'll go with these Mary Janes." She replied.

"Yeah, you look preppy."

You both cut up some fruits and make sandwiches to pack. Micah and Toby came downstairs and ate breakfast. Micah was wearing the school uniform. Instead of the skirt, he wore knee-length navy blue shorts. Toby wore the same thing but their ties were different. Micah had a blue tie while Toby had a green one. You checked at the time and it was 6:39 a.m. and school starts at 7:30 a.m. You told your siblings to hurry up. Toby struggled to put on his shoes but you helped him. You went to get the car warmed up while everyone sat inside and waited patiently. You were on your way to Andy's apple farm but only at the entrance where they were waiting. Everyone had to make space: Margaret sat in the passenger seat, while everyone sat in the back two rows of seats. Epiphany was carrying Toby on her lap and sat to the right of Andy. Funny enough Claus was sitting to the left of Andy and you can see how pissed off Epiphany was. They all watch the sunrise as you are near the destination. It only took 20 minutes to get there.

There were 3 separate buildings. One for pre-k through 5th grade. Another for 6th-8th grades. Lastly the high school building. You drop them off by order of grades. At the first building went Toby, Felix, and Melody. The second building you dropped off Micah. Epiphany, Andy, Claus, and Margaret went to the high school. Wow. They all thank you for dropping them off and they all seem to be okay with going to school. (Totally not normal to be happy for school, lol)

You began driving home to park the car and leave the keys. Luckily your parents were still not awake. You decided to leave a note on the table saying that you are on some local errands. This was a fair alibi and you left. You quickly ran to Andy's farm and made it to the picnic area where the barn sits. You knew this was risky but you need to know who or what is in there. You grabbed the nearest stick because you forgot to bring a weapon for self-defense.

The doors felt heavy but you managed to walk in and shut it close behind you. The barn is very dark and murky. You figured that there must be a light source in the barn. You crept around until you felt something run past you. What was even creepier is that you could see their eyes.

"Who's there?" You yelled. "I'm armed with a stick! Don't eff with me!!"

No one answered. You used the stick to guide you to not bump into something. You almost tripped to what felt like stairs. You proceeded to walk up those stairs and look around the second floor. You found another set of stairs that lead you to the third. You turned around and saw a pair of glowing eyes. In a panic, you ran across the floor. The footsteps were getting louder but they stopped once you reached another flight of stairs. You catch your breath and made your way to the fourth floor. Hopefully, this is the last floor. This place already feels like an apartment complex or something.