To

Louis walked out to the patio to find Harry standing with his arms crossed over his chest staring out towards the rolling hills. Louis walked up next to him and put his arm around Harry's waist. Harry rubbed Louis' hand with his thumb as they stood together.

'You still see Eleanor?'

'Yeah I do, she's one of my best mates. She supported me through a lot.'

Harry nodded. 'I haven't seen her in so long, she was such a good friend to us when we were together and when we split I cut her off. I have a lot of guilt over that.'

'She understood Haz.'

Harry took a deep breath. 'You told me last night that you weren't going to play any games or have any misunderstandings between us right?'

'Yeah, I did.'

'So here's me being clear and not playing games with you. If we have a future together it has to be out in the open. I can't hide it like we did all those years ago. I can't pretend not to hurt every time you go out with El or get to be open with her and do those things that we can't. I don't want to sound like I'm giving you an ultimatum...'

Harry turned moving out of Louis embrace and took a few steps forward running his fingers through his hair. Then he turned to face Louis, his eyes soft.

'I guess I am giving you an ultimatum. I'm sorry, I don't want to be that person. I don't want you to feel like my love for you has conditions because it doesn't, I'll love you forever no matter what but if we're going to have a future together it needs to be a full, open future. I can't hide loving you again. I won't.'

Louis looked down and then back up at Harry. 'I'm still under contract until next year, but I promise you there is nothing going on between El and I.'

Harry smiled and reached out to stroke Louis' face. 'I know there's nothing between you and El and I'd really like to see her again and apologise for shutting her out. I understand that you're still under contract I do. I guess that means you've got some choices to make. I know where I stand and what I want but it's ok if you're not there. I just need to be clear with you, I can't hide who I am or who I love any more and if we can't be openly together then we can't be together at all.'

Harry took a step to close the space between him and Louis. He wrapped his arms around Louis and pulled him into his larger body. He leaned down and kissed Louis. Louis kissed him back feeling desperate for the contact.

'I love you Harry.'

'I know you do and whatever you decide I'll know that forever now thanks to this time we've spent together reconnecting. I love you too but I can't only have part of you. You take your time to think about it because once you decide we can't go back, whatever your decision is.'

Harry walked away from Louis to try to give him the space he needed to think about everything and make a decision. He was happy to give Louis time to think about it. He understood what Louis would potentially be losing by choosing a future together. Harry knew what he might lose too but he knew he'd give up almost anything to be with Louis again.

Louis made his way back to the recording studio to find that Harry wasn't there with the rest of the band.

'Does anyone know where Haz is?'

It was Liam who eventually spoke up.

'He said that you guys needed a couple of days away from each other and to let you know that he's sorry for blowing up the schedule and that he will be back. He isn't leaving you, he just wanted to give you space to decide.'

Louis pressed his hand to his temple. 'Fucking idiot.'

'What's going on with you two?'

'Harry told me that he can't be together like we were before. If we're going to be together it needs to be out in the open.'

'So that's why he's gone for a couple of days? To give you time to work out what you want?'

'Yeah I guess so but I don't need time, that's why I was looking for him. I already know what I want. I'm never living without him again.'