Give

'Mum, I still love him.'

'Darling I know, it's ok.'

'I'm scared he'll hurt me again...that it'll be like last time.'

Anne's mind flashed back to the night she had found Harry in his childhood bedroom clutching an empty bottle of tablets barely conscious. She had called their family doctor over who had cared for Harry in their home so that the media didn't get wind of what happened. For her it was one of the most terrifying things she'd ever experienced. While her natural instinct was to protect her child and keep him far away from Louis she knew that they loved each other. She knew that Harry wasn't living a full life without his soulmate. She'd watched him go through life for years as part of the person he was, not his whole self.

'I thought that I'd saved you that night darling and physically I did but you haven't been whole since you and Louis broke up. You haven't been your true self for years. Maybe you need to give yourselves another chance. I can't promise you it will work out this time but maybe it will and if it doesn't maybe you'll find yourself again.'

Harry sniffed as his tears subsided. 'Thank you Mum, I'm sorry I put you through that. I promised you I'd never do anything like that ever again and I meant it.'

'I trust you darling. Take you time, don't rush anything but try to put the past aside and move forward into the future you want.'

Harry finished speaking with his Mum and then got up to start his day. He stood under the jets of the shower longer than he probably should have but he enjoyed the warm feeling on his skin and if he was honest his mind kept drifting to kissing Louis that morning. He could feel himself getting excited and was slightly annoyed at his body for betraying his need to make any movement forward with Louis at a slow pace.

He eventually climbed out of the shower and rummaged through his clothes to find something to wear. He decided on a baggy pair of black pants and a fitted black t-shirt. He ran a towel over his hair and moved the curls around until he was happy with how they looked. He took a last look in the mirror and had to laugh at himself. He suddenly cared about his appearance a lot more and had butterflies the size of bricks in his stomach, he felt 16 again.

Harry walked into the kitchen to find the other lads eating a breakfast of bacon and eggs that Niall had cooked for everyone from the provisions left by the catering company.

'Hey lads.' Harry beamed at them all as he walked in.

Zayn jumped up and gave Harry a quick hug. 'Alright mate? You scared us a bit last night.'

'I'm so sorry about that, I just needed to be on my own and I walked and walked and lost track of time.'

Liam patted Harry on the shoulder. 'No need to be sorry mate, we're just glad you're ok and feeling better today. Come and eat some breakfast.'

'It looks good Niall.' Harry smiled at Niall who beamed back at him.

'Tastes good too.' Niall smiled as he put another piece of bacon in his mouth.

Harry looked at Louis, he hadn't said anything other than a quick hello when Harry had walked in and now seemed to be extremely interested in the plate of bacon and eggs in front of him. Harry made sure to take the seat next to Louis and neither moved away when their legs touched one and other.

They all chatted about general things and then talk turned to what they would be working on recording that day. Finally Louis looked up and met Harry's green eyes.

'Are you staying Harry?'

Harry's smile reached right into his eyes and his dimples popped. 'I'm staying Lou, I don't think there's anywhere else I'd rather be.'

Louis and Harry sat starring at each other with massive goofy grins on their faces as if they were the only two in the room.

Zayn stood up to put his plate in the sink and laughed. 'Definitely the fifth wheel again.'

Zayn ducked as Louis threw a bread roll at his head and it wasn't long before five grown men were having a food fight like they had done when they were kids.