Fly

Harry left Niall's house that day vowing to himself that he wouldn't obsess over seeing Louis again or the fact that in six months time he'd be seeing a lot more of him. He managed to stick to that pretty well while he was busy on his tour. He had recieved one text from Louis asking about dates that might suit him for the recording but he had shut down any further communication by replying with his PA's number and asking Louis to liase with her.

His tour had ended last week and he was no longer doing so well at not over thinking everything. He decided that as he had some time off he would go home and see his Mum. He needed to talk to her about everything and to be looked after by her for a while. She had a way of making things clearer and less stressful. The drive to Holmes Chapel has his mind drifting back to when he and Louis has been happy with their whole lives in front of them. He'd dated so many people since but no one had ever made him feel the way Louis did. No one ever made him see his future the way Louis did.
He pushed those thoughts aside as he pulled up in his mother's driveway. Instead he let the excitement of finally spending a few days with her take over. Almost as soon as his car stopped his mum's front door swung open and as soon as Harry was out of his car he was enveloped in his mother's warm embrace.

'Darling, I've missed you! Grab your things and come in out of the cold.'

'I've missed you too Mum. It's so nice to be home.'

Harry took his suitcase straight up to the guest room and then wondered down the stairs to find his Mum perched at the kitchen bench with a cup of tea waiting for both of them. Harry sat down next to his mother. She placed her hand on the side of his face.

'My darling boy, you look like you have the weight of the world pulling you down. Talk to me, tell me what's happening.'

Harry shook his head, how on earth did she know something was playing on his mind after seeing him for less than five minutes.

Anne smiled at him warmly. 'Don't look so surprised, I can read you like a book.' She paused for a moment unsure if she should go on or not but then decided that honesty was the best policy.

'I also had a phone call from Louis. He was worried about you.'

Harry's eyes grew wide as he stared at his Mum.

'So he just called you out of the blue because he was worried about how I was dealing with this re recoding business.'

Anne looked slightly guilty as she shook her head.

'It wasn't really out of the blue darling...Louis and I have kept in contact over the years and he was worried about how you felt re connecting with him again after all this time.'

Harry knew his Mum had always loved Louis and felt motherly towards him but after everything that had happened he was shocked.

'I don't know what to say Mum. I know you loved him like a son but he broke me. I don't know how I feel about the fact that you've stayed in contact with him or that you lied about it to me.'

Anne tenderly placed her hand over Harry's. 'I didn't lie darling, but I also didn't tell you and I should have. I'm very sorry for that. I'm not sorry for keeping in contact with Louis though. He is like a son to me and while I hate what happened I've never hated him. You know that he's never stopped loving you don't you?'

Harry scoffed at Anne. 'I believed everything you said right up until that last bit.'

'You need to speak to him about what happened. The two of you never spoke properly about it and I think you need to.'

'Nothing he has to say can change what happened mum. He never loved me because there is no way you could do that too someone you love.'

'Do you still love him?'

'No! No way... not after what he did.'

'Oh Harry, you know that nothing is that black and white. Please talk to him. I don't expect you to get back together or to even be best friends again but you both need to find peace with each other or you'll never really move on.'

Harry smiled at his Mum, he knew she could see the tears in his eyes but she made no comment.

'Thank you Mum, how is it that speaking to you always makes things feel better, clearer somehow?'

'Because I'm your Mum and that's my job.'

Harry spent the next three days relaxing, catching up with friends and family and thinking a lot about Louis Tomlinson.