Could

No one said anything for a while as they processed what Louis had said.

Liam looked toward Zayn. 'And you're on board with this?'

Zayn smiled at the other boys. 'Yeah I am. I feel like so much was taken from us over the years, I'd like to take something of ours back.'

Niall smiled broadly. 'I'm in.'

Louis nodded and smiled back at him. 'Liam, Harry, what are your thoughts?'

Liam frowned. 'I don't know how we're going to do it logistically but I'm keen.'

All eyes turned to Harry who's face was giving nothing away. 'Even if I wanted to do this how would it work? We've all got solo careers. I'm part way through a tour, Niall is part way through recording an album. When do you think we're all going to be able to fit this in?'

'I have thought about all that and I figure we try to sync our schedules for around six months time. Then we go away somewhere and work exclusively on re recording the albums for a month.'

It was Harry that spoke up again. 'And will we be releasing this music or are we doing it just for ourselves? If we release it do you expect us to promote it?'

Louis face grew tender as he spoke. 'I think we should release what we record. We're never going to get back together officially but what a gift for the fans this would be. As for promoting I honestly think all we'd need to do is a few social media posts to get the ball rolling.'

Harry ran his hands over his face. He really didn't want to do this. He didn't want to have to spend a month in the same place as Louis but he knew how much this would mean to their fans and he knew how much it meant to the other boys. He stood up with a sigh. 'Fine, I'll do it. Get your people to contact my PA when you sort out dates and everything. It was good to see you lads.'
Harry walked around and shook each of their hands except for Louis. Instead he nodded his head slightly towards the other man before walking out the front door.

Zayn broke the silence after he left. 'Did he just pull the old 'get your people to call my people? Very L.A.'

The other boys laughed except for Louis who was already out of his chair following Harry outside. He caught up with him before he managed to get into his car.

'Hazza wait! Sorry Harry not Hazza. Habit sorry.'

Harry had tensed at the sound of Louis' voice. He wanted, no needed to get as far away from him as possible. Seeing him again stirred up feelings he'd spent a long time pushing away. Harry turned toward Louis.

'What do you want Louis?'

'I, I don't know...I guess I just wanted to talk to you a little longer. It's been so long since I've seen you.'

Harry raised an eyebrow. 'That was your choice Louis.'

Louis took a step towards Harry but stopped when Harry took a step back to keep distance between them.

'I never wanted that Harry.'

Harry scoffed at Louis words. 'Did you think that we could just go back to being friends like nothing happened after you dumped me? That we could just pretend that we hadn't planned a future together that all of a sudden you decided you didn't want any more?'

Louis moved forward again and this time instead of moving away Harry stood his ground.

'Let me explain all that Harry, it's not what you think. It's not what I made you think.'

Harry shook his head, his eyes filled with sadness. 'It's been three years Lou, whatever you have to say it's too late.'

With that Harry quickly turned away and climbed into the backseat of his car. He didn't even glance back in Louis direction. It wasn't because he didn't want to it was because he didn't want Louis to see the tears that were streaming down his face.

Louis stood and watched the car until he couldn't see it anymore. Harry was right, it didn't matter what justification he felt he had for breaking up with him and breaking their hearts. It had been three years. He could have reached out long before now and told Harry the truth. He desperately wished he had, it was too late now. Louis was still in love with Harry, he hadn't stopped loving him even for a second but it was obvious to him that those feelings were one sided. He needed Harry in his life, it had taken him all this time to realise it. He'd do anything to make it happen and if all they ever were again was friends that would have to be enough.