chapter eight // homesick

September 27th, 2019

We are just about to film Kurtis's YouTube video now, I'm excited to finally see what he was looking at on the first night. Danny is out buying some snacks so we can have something to fill us before the show tonight without needing to eat a full meal, which we all know I can't do because of all the nerves. I'm watching Kurtis set up the camera while my phone charges and I just want to say that I have actually been doing pretty well with writing in the journal, I don't expect to get this far. And obviously neither did Kurtis, I'm sure he's shocked.

We performed another show tonight, and of course, it was so much fun. We had the most energetic crowd so far and I think it was probably one of the best sets I have seen Danny do. We ordered dinner from McDonald's and brought it back to the tour bus to eat together. We sat on the brown leather c-shaped couch as we ate, drinking beers and chatting about the show. Kurtis decided to head to bed early and Danny and I followed, absolutely exhausted.

Tonight I heard muffled sniffles from next to me. I really could have rationalized them as my exhausted brain playing tricks on me, they were just so quiet. But I still had to check, I opened one eye to see Danny very slightly rocking back and forth, wiping at his eyes. I quietly climbed across to Danny's bunk, careful not to wake Kurtis. Danny quickly cleared his throat when he saw me climbing over to him and plastered on a smile that I could hardly see in the darkness.

"Are you okay?" I asked,

"Yeah," He said, then he looked up at me, "I guess I'm just homesick." I nodded and pulled him into a tight embrace as he sniffled into my bare chest.

Yes, I know, but come on I was trying to sleep it wasn't like I intended to be shirtless. I pulled him away slightly, just enough to press a soft kiss to his forehead. My heart was racing at this point, afraid of how he would react. But my apprehensions were cut short as he took my face in his hands and brushed his lips against mine.

It was so gentle, so light but the energy passing between us was electric and intense. I kissed him firmer, deepening the kiss, his hands tightening on the hair on the back of my head. It made me forget everything else, the whole world melted away. I grabbed onto his oversized sleep tee, pulling him closer to me, I felt Danny's lips lift into a smile. He let out a quiet moan which still plays in my mind, my stomach squirmed at the sound.

Then he broke away, breathing heavily. Our bodies, hot and wanting more, Danny felt my face with his hands, his palms pressing up against my cheeks and fingertips lightly grazing over my lips and eyes.

"I can't see you." He whisper-giggled, "Let me just make sure you're Drew."  I pulled him into my chest and brought my mouth to his ear,

"What would you do if I was Kurtis?" I joked, I felt him tense up for only a second and then let out a exhale/laugh.

"Dude, don't even." He grinned, he then lied down on the bed and I joined him from behind, spooning him, pulling him close to me.

My brain was still intoxicated by his touch. I felt him kissing my knuckles, each peck sending electric sparks through my body. He whispered words that I couldn't quite make out but I didn't need to understand what he was saying, I just wanted to listen to the sound of his voice. But then he stopped and just intertwined his fingers in mine. I listened to his breathing as we both fell asleep.