Cold Nights at 54th East Street

Zacznij od początku

She groaned once again and looked up at the street name on the sign beside the post.

54th East Street

Closing her eyes for a minute, she relaxed her body against the wall before she opened her mouth to say some words.

"Aren't you afraid that I could report you for stalking me?"

She heard a small chuckle from the person who was hiding not so subtly near the lamppost. Jennie opened her eyes to see the person moving towards her.

"You need something from me, am I right?"

The person slowly moved until she stopped right in front of Jennie. Lowering her mask, the brunette's cheeks starting heating up as the near proximity between them made her stare at the godly features of the person's face.

She swore that in a split second, the stranger's eyes had flicked to her lips.

"My friends encouraged me to offer you something but you were already out of the café so I followed you."

"It seemed like you didn't want to do what they asked in the first place."

"It was a dare and I wanted to back out in the first place but hearing their proposition made me give in."

"And will that benefit both of us?"

"Yes."

Jennie arched an eyebrow at the person, not believing what she was hearing, but her curiosity about the proposition kept her anchored on the spot. She returned her gaze to the person, lingering on her blonde, smooth hair before clearing her throat and shifting her gaze elsewhere.

"Let's hear it...."

"Chaeyoung. Park Chaeyoung."

She let out a smile.

"I'm all ears, Park Chaeyoung."

•••

The brunette shifted her attention to a coworker who called her name. Her eyes squinted in bewilderment as she noticed her coworker's dazzling eyes peering over her shoulder, so she followed the direction and smiled when their gazes connected.

Breathe, Jennie.

They continued to look at each other as the blonde approached with a bouquet of roses in her hand. When she came face to face with the smiling brunette, both lips met.

"Hi."

"Hello, love."

The taller woman looked around the café, capturing everyone's attention, including that of a certain person who was tightly gripping the fork with her jaw clenched, which both women saw and smirked at. Jennie then held Chaeyoung's wrist and kissed her lips one last time before getting back to work.

Chaeyoung, with an ear to ear grin plastered on her face, sat down at the table where her friends were seated and teased her endlessly.

"We completely expected her to ignore you and reject you directly, so how did you even manage to convince her to say yes to you?"

The blonde woman glanced to her side, catching the doe-eyed, inquisitive look on her best friend, before turning to face the other members of the group who were eagerly waiting her response.

She slouched back in the chair and casually tapped her fingers on the table as her thoughts wandered to the conversation that night.

Flashback

"So what you are saying is that you want us to act like girlfriends until your obsessive ex leaves you alone."

"Precisely."

"How on earth does that benefit me?!"

She amusedly fixed her gaze on the brunette's ferocious yet alluring eyes until she diverted her eyes to the pink lips that were slightly parted, which briefly caused her mind to become hazy.

Chaeyoung licked her own lips and fisted both of her hands before placing them on the wall, making the brunette eyes go wide as she hit her back on the wall. The aroma of the blonde's perfume flooded her senses as she was now trapped between her arms, making her desire to go closer to the person who was staring hungrily at her beauty.

"They won't disturb you anymore once they learn that we are together, and more specifically that you are mine, Miss Kim."

The faint whisper made Jennie's heart tense as she exhaled shakily.

"How sure are you?"

"They know not to mess with what's mine."

"And your ex?"

"It will go worse for her. I am only tolerating her now because she didn't do anything vile other than following me around like a lost puppy."

"Are you really certain she won't hurt me?"

"I'm certain that no one shall lay his or her hands on you. Most especially my ex."

Jennie stared into her eyes seeing the determination and sincerity swirling in her eyes while being trapped in her arms that strangely made her feel safe.

"That is if you accept my proposition. You can say no."

She paused for a bit to think about it since she was unsure of how this would go, especially with someone to whom she had only learned her name and had spoken. Although her mind was telling her to reject the proposal, she was intrigued by the woman and somehow wanted to learn more about her.

If this was the only way to stop people from bothering her or if doing so might draw more attention, it would be better to do it with the mysterious person.

Chaeyoung observed the other girl thinking deeply. Not wanting to disturb her, she was about to remove her hands from the wall when cold hands encircled her neck and foreign but sweet lips passionately invaded her own, heightening all of her sensations.

"Would our lips molded together convince people?"

Chaeyoung licked her lips remembering the feeling of their first kiss that night. She laughed at the bold way the brunette made the initial move, which only made her more eager for what Jennie Kim has in store for her. Things that would blow the blonde away, and Chaeyoung was genuinely looking forward to what lays ahead.

"I believe she was the one who succeeded in getting me to say yes to her."

Her eyes trailed at every move the brunette made who sensed someone was staring at her. So she turned around to see the blonde wearing a small smile. Jennie returned with a wink and a display of her gummy smile.