Visting The Fire Stone Pack Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Sure," I lied with a smile. "Maybe he's changed some since last season."

"Yeah," said Sammy. "Maybe he has."

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

We were all sitting around the fire, the sun starting to go down.

I was eating some hickory flavored mush from a bowl that was on the verge of turning my stomach. "I don't like this," I muttered to on one in particular. "How do they live on this shit?"

"We hunt." I looked a hazel eyes man who winked at me, prodding the fire with a metal bar,

"What's that?" Sammy asked, pointing.

"We use it to brand boxes," he explained, picking up a big wooden box the food packets had been in. He took out the white hot brand, pressing it against the side of the box. Smoke curled from it and when he removed it two loopy black letters 'F and S' were imprinted on the side. "See?"

He nodded his head, running his fingers over the wood once it was cool enough. "Cool."

He chuckled. "Sure, kid." He grabbed the box, hauling it away to a big supplies tent.

"I still haven't seen--oh." Alex's voice when from whiny to calm in seconds. He sat up straighter, holding his body in a certain way.

I tilted my head and sure enough, there stood his messenger. He was handsome; that wasn't be disputed. He was handing some letters to the delta, mocking a salute that earned him rolled eyes and a playful push. Laying he turned around and caught sight of a now preening Alex. The poor sap was actually twirling a lock of his hair around his finger, trying to look like he never noticed him. Smooth as usual. Charlie snorted, offering his mush to Sammy who accepted it. He wasn't exactly picky.

I watched the messenger saunter up to our 'unaware' campanion, smile playing on his lips. "Look who it is," he said. "My lovely Alex."

"Oh! Gosh, I never saw you there! Oh no, I look like crap--" he paused, fishing for a compliment.

The messenger-what was his name again?-smiled, catching onto the game. "You look great, babe. Hotter than ever. I can't wait until I can take you into my tent and love you until you scream my name."

Alex blushed like a virgin, going so far as to fan his face. I bit my lip to hold back my laughter; he looked so dumb! "Oh, please." he even gave a pathetic little wave as he did so.

How in the world was he even handling this? Someone shouted, "Peter!" and Alex's messenger wolf nodded, bidding a cheap goodbye to the love struck omega. "You are pathetic!" Exclaimed Charlie with a hint of a smile.

Alex rolled his eyes. "He likes it," he argued, crossing his arms. "Besides, what's it to you?"

"I don't care," scoffed Charlie, going back his usual cold demenor. "When are we blight on start so it can all end?"

I was dying to curl up on the uncomfortable bed and get some shut-eye after a long day of traveling. But had a job to do and tonight was going to be one of the worse.

~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~^^~~

The man towered over me.

He had a head of thick black hair and dark brown emotionless eyes. He was just staring at me, eyes roaming my body with a look of pent up lust. "I've been looking forward to this all season," he stated, voice no louder than a murmur. "It's too bad I couldn't get a pretty one but...you're alright."

I tried to pretend that I wasn't offended by the words but they cut deep. He was harping on the one thing I was most insecure about. "Take off your clothes." His pupils were dilated, tone husky. "I want to see you."