Chapter 40. Picnic

Daisy's POV

"I think you're all set up to leave." My day nurse comes into the room with a radiant smile.

Yes! I get to see my daddies!

I hop out of the hospital bed and scurry to the wheelchair. The day nurse said that it's a requirement that every patient gets wheeled out in one. I think that's kind of stupid though, I can walk.

As she wheels me down the hall, I wave bye to all the nurses until we get into the elevator.

"The two men that came in here with you are already out there, so you are free to leave whenever we get there."

I wiggle in excitement thinking about my daddies. I finally get to see them! I was only able to see daddy Asher once since we got here so I am very daddy deprived.

She wheels me through the main lobby of the hospital and takes me through the automatic doors.

Fresh warm air hits my skin, I take a deep breath and smell honeysuckles and happiness in the air. When I was little, Bria and I would always go to the wild honeysuckles vines and eat the sweet nectar.

I see Drew's car pull around to the front of the building and both my daddies race to give me a hug before I can even stand up.

Daddy James reaches me first by picking me up and squeezing me tightly.

"I missed you so much princess. How does your arm feel?" He asks as he inspects my cast.

"Heavy, and itchy."

Daddy Asher opens the back door, and we all slide in next to each other.

"Hi Daisy!" Carson waves from the front seat.

"Carson! Hi Drew!" I greet them both.

As time goes on, we talk about how scary the crash was. I've never been in a car wreck before, and I never want to be in one again! It's a little scary being back inside a car but I'm being brave, I know I can do this.

Apparently, my night nurse was also daddy James and daddy Asher's night nurse too. I guess she didn't tell me so I wouldn't ask to see them all the time.

"What did your arm feel like before the cast?" Carson asks.

***

Being at home again has been amazing. I'm so much more comfortable in my own bed, having my daddies tucking me in and helping me bathe, and Gloria's cooking. Gloria made me my favorite the first day we got back home, homemade mac and cheese with garlic bread! My daddies may have gotten a little upset that I had no greens but...they are yucky.

"Get dressed princess. The picnic is today, and we shouldn't be late. Carson would drive Drew crazy." Daddy James laughs.

I giggle and throw on a pair of blue jeans and an orange shirt with a kitty on it. Garfield? I think that's the kitty.

After we pack up in the car, daddy James starts to drive.

I still don't really like cars; I actually hate being in them, but I know I can't live my whole life being afraid of cars. I like going places.

We finally pull up to a beautiful flower pasture with big yellow sunflowers and small white flowers that I don't know the name of.

Daddy James parks the car and Carson speeds to open my door.

"You're finally here!" She basically pulls me out of the car and hugs me. I don't mind though; I've missed her a lot.

Carson pulls my good arm towards the large blanket on the ground. Memories of what happened in Greece flash in my mind. I don't really think it was considered a picnic, but a large blanket was involved.

I sit to the side of the large brown wicker basket while Carson sits next to me, and our daddies sit across from us.

Daddy Asher pulls out grilled lemon chicken drumsticks, fruit salad, salsa with chips, and some cookies! The drinks were between water and lemonade so Carson and I both, of course, choose lemonade instead of bland water.

A cool breeze flows through my hair, making me feel super relaxed. It feels like life outside. Large sunflowers surround us, and the sun beats warm heat into our skin. I love this weather.

"Daisy. Asher and I have been talking and..." He takes a deep breath, "we decided that, if you want to, we will let you hear Bria out. The crash made us realize how fast life can change, and if life can change that fast then, I guess people can too." Daddy James struggles.

"But only when we are with you, you will not be alone with her. If we think she is safe, then we will talk about when you can hang out with her by yourself again." Daddy Asher adds.

I look around and wonder if this is a dream. Are they being serious? Is this real?

"I can see her?" A small happy smile spreads on my face.

They both nod with straight faces. I can tell they still don't want it to happen but, they're doing it for me. They know how badly I want her in my life again.

I quickly reach forward and hug both of them.

"Thank you, daddies. I'll be a good girl for forever!"

I can't believe they are letting me do this. I thought they would never let me see her again. It sucks that it took a car wreck to have them realize that this was something I needed to do but, with the given circumstances, I'm happy how things planned out.

"Promise you won't replace me?" Carson gives me her big doe eyes.

"I could never!" I nudge her.

She laughs and takes a bite out of the fruit salad.

After stuffing ourselves with food, Carson and I walk around and touch some of the sunflowers. They are so beautiful. Before my mom died, she told me sunflowers were special because if they grow together, and one doesn't get enough sun, the one next to it will turn to face it to give it some nutrients. I don't know how true that is, but I liked the story, nonetheless.

The ride home is quiet but peaceful. Daddy Asher complained about daddy James not letting him drive which only caused me to laugh but daddy James is too hardheaded to give in so soon.

Once we get home, we go into the living room and snuggle together.

"When can I see Bria?" I ask to whoever wants to listen.

"We can call her now. It's not too late." Daddy Asher says while looking at the watch on his wrist.

Daddy James hands me his phone since she's blocked on mine, and I type in her number.

As the phone rings, my feet start to feel jittery. I know I won't get in trouble this time but, my body isn't getting the memo.

"Hello?" 

Thank you all for reading! Please remember to vote, comment, and follow!

Did you expect them to give into Daisy's wishes?

(Edited)