Chapter 25. Anticipation

James' POV

As my brother and I walk down the halls of the airport, we finally find the baggage claim.

We walk through the corridor and the first thing I notice is Daisy and Carson hugging each other. It doesn't look like a normal 'you're my best friend' hug.

"What happened baby?" Drew looks between Carson and Daisy.

"Daddy. The bad girl called her on the plane. She left a voicemail." Carson croaks.

"Bria?" Asher asks.

Carson slowly nods her head and let's go of Daisy's frozen body.

"Daisy, princess?" I kneel in front of her. She says absolutely nothing. Carson looks at me with tears in her eyes. I can tell she loves her best friend.

"Let me see your phone princess." I hold out my hand and she slowly places her phone in the palm of my hand while looking straight forward the whole time.

Asher picks her up and hides her face in his shoulder. I see her back extend then squeeze back up signaling to me that she was trying to hold back her tears until nobody could see her cry.

I grab our bags while Asher walks outside holding her.

"Let's give them a second." I say. I'm worried about her; I swear this Bria girl don't know how to grow up. She always shows up where she's not wanted. This is supposed to be a happy time. A good vacation, but I'm afraid that Bria might have ruined it.

I have to listen to this voicemail. But not around Daisy. Not now.

I slide her phone into my pocket and turn to Drew.

"She's going to be okay. She's strong." He says while giving me a sad smile.

I nod and wave for them to follow me out of the airport.

I rented us the biggest car I could but it's still not big enough for all of us. Someone has to sit on a lap.

I jump into the driver's seat while Drew sits next to me and Carson, Daisy, and Asher sit in the back. Daisy happily sits in Asher's lap, and I begin to drive. Luckily the house we're staying at isn't far from here. It looked beautiful in the pictures, so it hopefully looks just as good in person.

"Any guesses on where we are?" I ask the girls.

Carson pulls her finger to her chin in thought.

"Spain?" Daisy asks.

I chuckle. "No, but close."

"Italy?" Carson blurts.

"No. But that's even closer. We're in Greece."

Carson and Daisy look at each other gleaming with huge smiles on their faces. Daisy's dimples are even showing!

After about ten minutes, we pull up the driveway and I park the car.

This place is even better than the pictures. A beautiful two-story house made out of pristine white stone, big venetian and sash windows with soft blue accents, a large archway decorated with potted plants and a long white bench, and around back, there's a pool but the girls won't know about that until later. Even the sun shining right behind the house gives it a more beautiful touch.

I look over at Daisy while she looks at the house in awe. She's so fucking cute.

After grabbing some bags, I follow them into the house.