Chapter 21

She had fallen asleep, finally, after crying for what felt like an eternity. It broke his heart to be the one that made her cry, but it was never what he intended on. Heisenberg had finally fallen asleep himself, though he tried his best to stay awake to keep an eye on Elize.

There was little time to decide what needed to be done, her family would be coming for her. If he didn't have a plan, hell would break loose and he might never see her again.

Not a chance he was willing to take.

His eyes opened and he looked at Elize who still slept beside him. She had finally realized her true worth, her powers and he finally realized who she was to him.

The time they had spent together, but it only took her nearly dying for him to realize it.

He had gotten himself into hell this time. Elize was what mattered in his mind, but he needed to take down Miranda at the same time. Heisenberg breathed in then out, slowly. What would the day bring him this time?

The other Lords and Miranda knew he was keeping Elize in the factory, all it would take was Miranda to come get Elize herself.

He needed to start putting his plan into action.

However, the current problem was whether or not Elize would forgive him. He did what he had to, not what he wanted to. He wanted to keep Elize alive and that was the only way.

She would forgive him, hopefully.

Heisenberg slowly moved Elize from his chest, lying her on the mattress. He rubbed his face before standing up, taking another look at her. He picked up his hat and glasses, placing both on and then his hammer.

At least while she was sleeping, he could get some work done. Elize had him distracted more and more everyday, he still needed to complete his plans to over throw Miranda.

If he were to protect Elize, he needed to grind her to dust.

Heisenberg took one more look at Elize before walking away, leaving her sleeping. There was no way he was going to wake her up,

Leaving the room, all Heisenberg could think about was what he was going to do.

***

Elize slowly opened her eyes, staring at where she had last seen Heisenberg. She had fallen asleep with her head on his chest. She rubbed her eyes, wiping the sleep from her eyes.

She remembered crying her eyes out, she remembered the news Heisenberg had told her. Her family was coming for her, but he had done something to her that changed everything about her.

Cadou.

A small chuckle erupted from her throat and she clenched her eyes closed. This all has to be a dream, but she knew it wasn't. It was the opposite, this was all a nightmare.

There was no waking up, but all she could do was continue to move forward like it was nothing.

Elize slowly sat up, staring at the ground. She sighed, where had Heisenberg gotten off to?

Slowly, she forced herself up. As much as he had broken her heart, she needed him. Maybe it was about love, she could feel it in her chest or maybe it would because he was her only way out.

When she looked at him, she could feel something flutter in her heart and in her chest. The time they had spent together was worth it, though it was painful.

On the other hand, he was her only way out. If she left again or if he left her, she would have to fend off the other Lords.

Lady Dimitrescu was out to get her now, especially after the stunt she pulled.

Miranda was just as bad.

The other two were no threat.

Heisenberg seemed to be on her side and she now had her power of healing. She could survive, but she didn't want to be alone.

Elize sighed, exiting the room. She looked around, hearing a voice through the halls. She couldn't make out everything that was said, but she knew it was his voice.

"I swear to god if you freak!"

Definitely Heisenberg.

She walked through the factory, coming to another room. She poked her head in, "Karl." She eyed the man as he worked on what appeared to be a Lycan.

A Lycan now made of metal.

Heisenberg stopped, looking back at Elize. He slowlg places his tools down. Her face was red and her eyes were blood shot. He removed his glasses, setting them down. "What're you doing awake?"

Elize shrugged, "I couldn't sleep anymore... there's no sense in me avoiding having this conversation with you... Karl, you and I need to talk about all of this."

She didn't want to leave, not deep down. Heisenberg had put her through so much hell, but at the same time... he didn't.

It didn't make sense in her own mind, but she could feel it. It wasn't what he was gentle all the time, but he was doing his best to protect her.

Heisenberg nodded, "I'm all ears, I owe you that much."