Chapter 13

Elize slowly walked away from her hiding spot. There were no sounds with the exception to the clicking of her shoes against the tile. This was probably a bigger mistake than staying in the village and facing the Lycans

Heisenberg wasn't this big of a pain in the ass. Elize sighed, looking around for any sign of Lady Dimitrescu and her daughters.

She would hear them coming, luckily, but she wasn't sure where she was supposed to go now. She wanted out of the village, but how could she get out if she hadn't the slightest clue where she was going?

Where she was supposed to go, better yet.

The castle was large, she didn't know where all the stairs went to, all the doors. She slowly walked up the stairs, poking her head around the corner. Everything was silent, including Elize. She didn't want to run into any of them.

"Where are you going?" A voice echoed and a lump became stuck in Elize's throat. It didn't sound like Lady Dimitrescu, but perhaps one of the daughters. As she stood in place, a fly flew towards her arm. It went in through her arm and out, blood rolling down her arm.

Slowly, Elize looked over her shoulder. It appeared to be a girl, about her age maybe. Her face was almost a gray color and her lips were black. Elize scrambled away from the stairs, running back the way she had come.

"You can't get away!" She laughed as Elize ran through another door, slamming the door behind her.

Elize leaned against the door, panting. She stared forward, seeing a man sitting there. She turned to open the door back, but stopped short when the man spoke.

"Elize," The Duke said.

Stepping back from the door, Elize turned back around. He wasn't coming after her, he wasn't chasing her. All he did was sit there and watch her, "how do you know my name?" She whispered.

The Duke leaned back, grabbing something from behind him. He held it up, it was a letter. "I met you when you were just a child. Your brother and I have done a lot of business together. I'm the Duke."

The name didn't ring any sort of bell, it didn't even sound familiar. Everything had gone by so fast when Elize was just a child. She hardly remembered anything, most of it was just a blur. "You know my brother?" She asked.

Finally, someone who maybe could get a message to her. "I do, I have a letter for you from your brother." He held it out to her and Elize slowly walked over, taking it from him.

She opened the letter, looking at the dried ink on the page.

Dear Elize,

We have been looking everywhere for you. We thought that you had left, I know we didn't always get along. I know I pressured you to find who you are. However, I was mistaken, I never wanted to pressure you into finding your powers.

We all waited for you and you never came home. We thought the worst, but then I ran into the Duke. He told me he had seen you around the village. Elize, that place is full of psychos. You must play your cards close to your chest. I want you to be very careful, I know what they want. However, they also want you, Elize.

You have power inside you, my dear baby sister. You must realize that you do. Miranda is trying to add to her family. You can trust the Duke, he holds no love for Miranda. However, do not trust her lords, Elize. Please keep your wits about you. We will be there soon, I promise. Stay safe, Elize.

Love,

Jonathan

Elize folded up the letter and placed it in her pocket. She stood in silence, trying to process everything she had read.

"Good news?" The Duke asked.

"Good enough," Elize murmured. "Is there a way out?"

The Duke nodded, "there is, but are you sure you want to go through the castle?"

He had a point, she wasn't entirely prepared to go through. Everything rolled through her mind, trying to process everything. She glanced at her arm, the flesh was healing at a rapid pace and there was no longer any blood. "No, I'm not sure. Can't go out the same way I came in," she murmured.

The Duke shook his head no, "no, but there are other ways. You'll survive it, don't you think?"

Heisenberg had mentioned her powers and in the letter, her brother did the same. She had some sort of power, but it wasn't any power she could have ever thought of. "Guess you're right," she murmured.

"I do have one thing for you, from your brother," The Duke said. He reached back behind him, holding out handgun ammo for her. Elize nodded, taking it. She placed it in both pockets before walking back to the door.

She had enough ammo for now, but she had hope that she wouldn't be alone. She had hope that her siblings would come for her, they knew where she was and what for. "Thank you," she murmured before exiting the room.

There was no one there, the daughter of Lady Dimitrescu was gone.

Elize started walking, looking around. She stared up the stairs, placing her hand on her wound covered in bandages. She stopped, only for a moment, removing the bandages.

Her flesh was starting to heal already. She was no longer bleeding, though it was still more of a gash than a scratch. However, she was better than what she was. She did have a power, but she still didn't understand.

Was it just rapid healing? Was there something more to it? The wound she had gotten wasn't even that bad, but the one the fly had caused was already healed. It didn't leave anything behind, not even a mark.

Elize rewrapped her wound and started back towards stairs on the right.

"Find her!" 

She heard a voice yell and Elize started tip-toeing up the stairs. It wouldn't make much of a difference, but she was prepared to run if need be.

"Yes mother." It was the same voice from earlier, the one that had come up behind her.

"Alright," Elize murmured. "Let's go the opposite direction of that."