Chapter 1

Blood rolled down the corner of her mouth as she stared into the trees. Roaring in the distance as Elize struggled to stand up. She looked behind her, there was drag marks of blood across the ground. She quickly looked at her white shirt and pants, there was no red stains of blood.

It wasn't hurt... thank goodness..

However, if it wasn't her, who did it belong to? Elize breathed in and slowly looked back towards the trees. More roaring in the distance and she shivered. In all the years her brother had promised to teach her to fight, she had never taken him up on the offer.

The fire wielder himself.

She didn't have to be like him to learn, but she never wanted to. In all her years, she never thought something like this would happen. This, this being that she was torn from her family..

Wherever they were, perhaps better off than what she believed she was, the roaring in the distance.

Elize slowly breathed before moving behind a tree and pressing her back to it. A home in the country where her brother trained and raised the three sisters.

Now, she was a long way from home.

All those chances she could have learnt to fight, now she was in serious trouble.

Elize slowly breathed in and looked around the tree, but as soon as she did, a hand gripped her throat and threw her. Elize rolled and she coughed, what was that monster?

In her life, she knew those with super human strength...

They didn't look like that.

As she rolled over onto her back, the monster snarled at her and gripped her throat once more. Blood rolled down the side of her head as she struggled against the tight grip until her mind went dark.

***

"You got the last one, I get this one!" A voice yelled.

"She looks like that lovely brother of hers."

"You were looking for the brother, I get her!"

"Or I'll take her and we'll take good care of her."

"I get her and when he comes looking for her, I get him."

"No chance, there won't be any trading with you, you witch."

"Stop acting like such a child."

The voices argued back in forth as Elize slowly blinked, opening her eyes. Her eyes were an almost black color, but could be taken as a very dark blue. Black hair, that reached to her middle back, stuck together with blood from her head. She slowly sat up, glancing at the chains that bound her hands.

She slowly looked up at the figures that were around her.

"She's awake," a quiet giggling as a little... creature stood in front of her. Growing up with the family she did, she had seen all kinds of monsters and beasts, but nothing like this before. Her brother and eldest sister were the ones that did the fighting, but they never did tell them anything about the monsters and the beasts.

Elize looked at creature and narrowed her eyes, it looked almost like a doll and then a hunched over monster beside her. She jumped slightly, her body beginning to shake as it walked in front of the doll.

"We'll take very good care of her," the woman in white said and stood up, looking at Elize.

"No way, that's not happening," the man hissed as he got up as well.

Elize watched the two argue, glancing behind them.

"Mother Miranda-"

She narrowed her eyes, almost like an old folk tale that her brother used to tell her. A figure that saw herself above all others, but they never came around so it was only an old folk tale. Her brother had spoken of a village and of some sort of odd religion that he was going to look into, but she had never heard much from him.

Elize slowly breathed, staring at them. She wasn't entirely afraid as she was freaked out. Her family taught her that she wasn't supposed to entirely be afraid. Not to mention, how they were speaking of her brother, she knew that he would come for her eventually.

Until then, she would find a way to survive.

Elize watched the doll run back to her master in the back while the fish looking monster retreated to where the man had been sitting. "Don't I get a say in something?" She asked, looking at them.

The two looked at her and Lady Dimitrescu chuckled.

"She's has spunk," the man said.

"Heisenberg," the woman in the back said. "She's yours, but don't kill her.. we need to lure the brother."

"I don't think he's going to do what you expect," Elize said, shaking her head. She knew her brother incredibly well, she knew that he wasn't going to fall for the obvious. However, she also knew that he would be worried along with her sisters. He would not come alone and he would be ready for anything they had for him.

Heisenberg smirked, kneeling down to look at Elize. "And so she speaks," he said.

"Mother Miranda, I must object!" Lady Dimitrescu's tone became increasingly hostile as she turned towards the woman in the back.

Heisenberg looked back at her, "don't be such a sore loser!"

"Be quiet, child."

"You're the one arguing with Miranda's decision!"

Elize looked at the chains around her wrist. If only she had the power of her sister or her brother, she'd be able to break the chains somehow. As it currently stood, Elize could not.

"My decision is final," Mother Miranda's voice rang out. "Do not kill her, she's the key to getting the brother here."

Heisenberg looked at Lady Dimitrescu as if he was sticking his tongue out. "Get your food somewhere else," he looked at Elize. He had plans for the young lady. He couldn't kill her, but he could imagine everything else he could do to her. He was an engineer and she posed no threat.

She had no power.

However, he couldn't kill her. He needed her viable, breathing, enough that the other one would follow suit. No matter, he could make other plans for the girl.

He gripped his hammer, almost getting lost in the thoughts he had of what he could do before Elize moved causing the chains to clink. He looked at her, taking the chain in his grasp so she wouldn't be able to get away.

"I'll make sure I don't kill her," he looked at Elize who shifted on the ground.

A fate worse than death, a fate where she wouldn't know where the pain would end.

However, there was one thing that came to mind. One thing she heard her eldest sister say, "let's see what you got, mister."