Chapter 4

Heisenberg looked at the bloodied piece of clothing.

Foolish girl.

He gripped it before letting his grip loose. She was a slippery one, he still wasn't quite sure how she was able to get away from him like she did. She had no power so he was still amazed how she was able to do what she did.

The thought of it just made him chuckle, she was proving to be more of a challenge than any of them had believed.

Even Miranda.

He looked around, sighing, gripping his hammer. Where had he missed her? She had been hiding in the hay, but where had she gone from there? The shack where he found the bloody clothing?

Maybe.

Sighing, Heisenberg could only curse himself. She was still there when they went in, wasn't she?

There was no way she would out run him or the Lycans so that was the only plausible option. "Bitch," he muttered and started back the way he had come, his hammer on his shoulder. He wasn't going to hurt her, not much. She definitely wasn't going to like what he did to her next. She escaped his grasp, but this would be the only time that she would. It was better that she was with him than the other freaks.

With all the people that went into Castle Dimitrescu, he knew none of them came out. None of them came out of any of the Four Lords houses, but hers was the worst. He could always give her a taste of that to convince her, but she probably wouldn't come back if he handed her over to anyone else.

Stupid idea, bad consequences. None of them would kill her, but hurting her was something else. Heisenberg smirked as he walked back towards the shack, stepping in the doorway. The cabinets under the sink were opened and there was dried blood. He chuckled, "she was here. Fascinating girl."

***

Elize breathed, looking around the graveyard. She looked at a closed door, it had two spots for two strange looking keys. If it was locked, there was a reason for it. She shook her head, slowly walking towards more houses. People were out and about, but there were no more monsters.

The monsters had all gone, leaving a village with normal looking people behind. She slowly walked down a pathway, looking at the people who gave her glances and hurried back to their homes.

No one said anything to her, no one gave her more than a few glances.

Her stomach continued to grumble and Elize started to panic inside. She could go sometime without eating, water was a must. Luckily, the stream she had been by was fresh water. Now, however, the issue was food. No one looked at her, no one would help her so her stomach continued to grumble.

Think, child, think! Use your instincts, Elize. Look around for anything, a fruit tree, vegetables, something! Think, Elize, you have instincts.

The voice rang out in her head and she slowed down, looking around. Her eyes scanned the houses, spotting trash sitting by one of the houses. She sighed, desperate times called for desperate measures. She slowly walked over, diving through until she was able to find something. She scarfed it, coughing.

It was enough to hold her over. As she looked up, a gun was pointed directly at her head. She froze, stood there, unable to move. "Who are you? Why are you here?"

Elize swallowed and the gun was pushed even closer to her. "Leave," the man hissed and Elize stepped back.

"I-I'm going," Elize said softly, taking off down the path. Anything had to be better than having a gun pointed at her head. She quickly ran towards a gate, pushing it open and then shut. She slid down, sitting in the snow. She slowly breathed, rubbing her face.

They didn't seem to really like outsiders. She slowly got up, walking towards another building that had candles lit outside. She slowly pushed the door open and shut it behind her, going inside. She looked at the candles on some sort of alter and on the wall was pictures.

"That's the lady.. bitch he was talking about," Elize murmured as she looked at one of the pictures, then another. "The doll," she murmured and then another, "the fish.. thing.." She then looked at the last two, one was bigger than all the others. "Mother Miranda," she murmured and turned her attention to the last. "And him," she whispered softly.

The only name she remembered was Mother Miranda, but the arguing made it easy to catch onto. Who would get her, who would be responsible... not to mention who would draw her brother, who he would go to first. She sighed, glancing at one of the benches. She slowly sat down on the middle one, laying down with her arm under her head.

Just for a moment, just a small amount of sleep that could carry her longer. Eventually, her body was going to break if she kept going on so little food, water, and sleep. Exhaustion was already setting in, the stress of the situation. She knew she could go for longer, but passing out in the snow where she could be eaten, killed, or found wasn't entirely ideal.

Her mind raced back and forth, but the more it did, the more she began to lose control. Her eyes closed and her mind went blank, sleep took over.

***

A hard one to find, she had managed to get farther than he ever believed she actually would. Lycans loomed over Elize and he shot them a look, causing them to back off. He knew what would become of her if he let them near her. He sighed, "she's a child." He muttered, irritably. He leaned down, picking her up and her head placed directly on his chest.

Of all the things he was currently doing, he was carrying her. He needed to make her walk, but at the same time, he couldn't find it in him to wake her. She looked rather peaceful for someone who was trying to run from death. He sighed, glancing at his hammer, picking it up. He held it under her, still keeping both arms under her.

"Wonderful," he muttered softly.

The situation wasn't ideal, he didn't want to carry her, but she would try to get away nonetheless. Carrying her and her not fighting was better than him having to chain her back up or worse.

Lycans.

He shook his head, carrying her out of the building and back towards the factory. The lycans began to disperse, causing some in the village to scream. No one asked any questions, he was a Lord that belonged to Mother Miranda.

If he was looking for the girl, they wouldn't get in the middle. Besides, she was an outsider. He glanced back, watching a Lycan snatch one of the villagers and he chuckled.

Another game was beginning.

Walking away from the scene unfolding, he carried her towards the factory. He could feel her heart beat and her breathing started picking up.

Her eyes began to flutter open and her breathing stopped along with her heart. "I would recommend not moving," he hissed, bitterly.

Elize slowly nodded, her stomach dropping to what felt like her toes. "O-Okay," she stuttered, glancing down at his hammer.

Heisenberg chuckled, feeling her heart slowly start beating again. It was a strange feeling for a human, nothing he had seen happen before, but there was a first for everything. "Good girl," he smirked, but only for a second.

Part of his day wasted on chasing her, she wouldn't get away again. "You're lucky you were easy to find."

She put up a fight, but she was easier to find than what she could have been.