Chapter 19

The dreaded conversation he wanted to have with Elize never came. The quiet, peacefulness of her breathing was the only thing that could be heard. He listened to it, glancing at her as she laid her head against his chest.

Sleeping wasn't a big option for him, maybe a quick close of his eyes every once and a while. However, with Elize around, he could actually catch a serious nap with her.

She's a pain, he thought. Heisenberg sighed, rubbing her back, gently.

There was an important conversation they needed to have, but she had begged for a nap first. He left her alone for so long, but he needed a plan. Eventually, Miranda would catch onto what they were doing. Not to mention Elize's siblings. How long, truly, until they arrived?

That alone was enough to make him worry. Would they tear Elize from his grip just as Miranda planned to? Heisenberg sighed, closing his eyes. If she was sleeping, he might as well do the same.

He promised her he wouldn't leave and that was enough to make him stay. They had been through too much together to screw that up now over a silly nap.

She was a pain in his ass, but worth it all the same.

Heisenberg put his arm around her, listening to her soft breathing. He could feel her heartbeat through his own chest. All he wanted was to make Elize happy, but he was afraid to tell her the outcome of her fall.

Her powers had finally shown themselves, but the fall had been so serious. He knew he was to blame and part of him feared Elize's reaction to the cadou.

Heisenberg sighed, he just needed to sleep for a little while.

***

The heat from the body next to him was gone as he opened his eyes. Heisenberg's eyes opened and he slowly sat up. He removed his glasses, placing a hand on his face before he quickly stood up, looking back at the cot.

There was no sign of Elize.

Had she had enough and simply left?

"Elize?!" Heisenberg hollered through the factory as he began to make his way through the factory.

Hallway after hallway, doorway after doorway.

It wasn't possible for her to have gotten that far, let alone leave the factory without him receiving a visit from Mother Miranda.

"Dammit," Heisenberg hissed.

She couldn't have left.

As he started towards the doors of the factory, he noticed a pale figure sitting by the doors. The closer he got, the more he could see the outline of a girl with her shape and stature. "Where have you been?" He hissed.

If it was a mistake, there would be no voice to answer him, but he knew it was no mistake.

There would only be Lycans in the factory, she was the only one who had the physical appearance of a human with exception to himself.

"Sitting here," Elize said, "it's the closest I get to sunshine at the moment." Elize looked at the door. She didn't want to go outside, she didn't want to get injured once more. She was so close to getting out, there was no need to fuck it up now. Elize was aware of her powers now, but she knew she had pushed herself to her limit by jumping off Castle Dimitrescu.

That idea, in itself, was a stupid idea.

"I'm not going anywhere, Heisenberg," Elize murmured. "I just took a nose dive, basically, off of the castle. I know I'm healed, but that doesn't take away the physical pain..." She sighed, leaning back against the wall.

It was only a matter of time until she could finally leave this place and be back with her siblings. She didn't want to wait for so long, but she could manage it until she did see them again. After all, Heisenberg would protect her.

At least, she figured that by now.

All the time she had been running from him and everything he had put her through, he would, wouldn't he? Elize looked at Heisenberg, studying his face. She could see his eyes, for once.

They were hard, strict, but also soft at the same time. The way he looked at her, her brother looked at her the exact same way, but something else was there.

She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but it was there.

Heisenberg walked over to her, standing next to the sitting Elize. "I thought you had gone."

"Don't want me to leave?" Elize chuckled.

Heisenberg said nothing, leaving the question hanging in the air.

"We need to have a conversation, as I said, before you decided to take your nap."

Elize chuckled once more. He avoided her question, though she couldn't say for sure how he felt, she had an idea. Elize slowly stood up, "alright, let's talk then." Elize looked at him before Heisenberg turned his back to her and started back into the factory with Elize close on his heals. "What's this about?"

Heisenberg looked back at her, "your fall and your injuries."

Death had been upon her, standing at her doorstep. Heisenberg did what he had to, though it was something he never would have dreamt of doing. The cadou was for experimenting, but he didn't want to test it on her. She was lucky she was not dead, her body was adjusting fine to it so far. In truth, it was probably the only reason she was alive. It increased her power, it made her heal faster than what she could already.

"Is this a serious conversation?" Elize asked.

As she was met with pure silence, Elize became silent herself. All joking aside, Elize waited for Heisenberg to break the silence.