Chapter 16

Heisenberg has actually become one of my favorite subjects to write. So much so that I might have filled my drafts with new prompts. There's always something new I want to write with him in it.

Enjoy the chapter! If you want to see more Heisenberg, keep an eye on my stories.

~ Eevee

***

She had managed to sneak out when his back was turned, but it was all luck. He had to know she was there, how could he not? Elize breathed, finally sitting down under a tree. Everything her, her body ached. She slowly leaned back on the tree she was sitting under.

Wasn't this how the horror movies ended? When they least expected to get got, they would? As lovely as that sounded, Elize wasn't quite sure.

Her breathing had become shallow and she started to shiver. Everything hurt, everything ached.

Just rest for a while, just for a minute. She closed her eyes, laying her head back. Could she finally get the rest she longed for? Would it finally be over?

No more running, no more hiding, no more chasing?

"Elize!" It was a mans voice, Heisenberg's perhaps.

Heisenberg placed his hammer down, looking at Elize. She didn't move, but her chest was still moving. She was still breathing, but all the blood loss had been extremely serious. He moved her, looking at her back.

A gash in her back, that was where the bleeding was coming from. It was slowly closing, but not fast enough. She had not taken care of it well enough to entirely make it stop. "Dammit," he hissed. He picked her up, snatching his hammer as well.

Most of her wounds were healing, he could see it. However, it wasn't healing fast enough, she was losing way too much blood to compensate.

Was this caused by Lady Dimitrescu? If it had, he swore to God, let him get his hands on her and her daughters.

That bitch would pay.

Some of this had been his fault, he realized that, but none of it mattered not. Not right now anyways.

She was mostly human, she could still die from blood loss. It seemed like this was new to her body, trying to heal itself. It was just beginning to catch on and with fatal wounds like this, it was taking forever.

He wouldn't let her.

***

Blood all over the table.

One of the few times he had removed his gloves.

She was alive.

Though, she had not awaken quite yet. Her body was beginning to heal faster, but it was at a cost.

Something for a later day, but he wasn't sure if he could tell her himself. How he felt when it all happened to him, there was nothing but anger and hatred for Miranda.

Heisenberg sighed, pulling his gloves back on. He removed his hat and glasses, tossing them onto the table by Elize's bed.

If only it had not been his idea to send her out there. He never thought she would end up in Castle Dimitrescu, let alone run from him. However, he didn't blame her. This was the third time now, it couldn't happen again.

A quiet groan from the bed, Heisenberg glanced at Elize who stirred. Her eyes didn't open, she still didn't move.

At least she was alive, there was that. However, he would hear about it at the next family meeting. He knew how Miranda would react, but maybe with how it turned out, she would get off his ass.

There was no way Elize would go back with anyone else, he would be damned if she did.

His plans would have to be put in motion now even though they weren't ready, but it would be for her.

He owed her that.

Another groan from the bed, Elize began to stir. Her eyes slowly opened as she stared up at the ceiling. Right from opening her eyes, she knew where she was. Her body flung up, though she flinched. There was a painful sting in her back. She looked at Heisenberg, flinching when she looked at him.

"Heisenberg," Elize murmured. Her throat was hoarse, it burnt just to speak one word.

Heisenberg shook his head, "I wouldn't move too fast if I was you."

Elize looked at him for a moment and then laid back down. She didn't know what to say to him, but she remembered exactly what happened. However, she believed she was dead. She believed that when she closed her eyes, that would be the end of it. "You saved me?" Elize whispered.

Heisenberg nodded, "Elize, I'm sorry."

A small chuckle came from her mouth. She was surprised he was apologizing to her, all things considered. "For which part?"

He narrowed his eyes, gritting his teeth. Finally, he released and sighed. "Everything.... Your wound is healing."

This wasn't the right time to tell her about the mold. Maybe when her wound was healed better and she could move around without any restraints. For now, however, he would have to keep it with him.

Elize nodded, "feels like shit."

While she was upset he threw her to the Lycans, she had at least answered some of the questions she had originally had. "I did find a few things out." She looked at Heisenberg. This was the first time she had actually ever seen his eyes, usually they were hidden behind his glasses. "My brother is on his way and you were right." She lifted her hand and stared at it. "I have a power."

Her brother? This couldn't be worse timing. This would be a bitch of a fight, especially when he told Elize about the mold. He didn't want to let her go, not just because of Miranda or the mold. "I think it would be better if he didn't."

Elize looked at him, raising a brow. "Heisenberg?" No matter how angry she was for him doing what he did, he also had been kind to her, more than anyone there. Perhaps it was the lesser of two evils. She was alive wasn't she?

"Miranda is waiting for him to arrive, Elize. If he's going to come get you, you need to be prepared. Miranda isn't going to let you get away so easily and especially not him." Heisenberg looked at Elize. If Miranda found out about Elize's powers it would only get worse.

If, but he wouldn't let that happen. "Get some rest."

The first person he had ever cared about, he didn't want anything to happen to her. Heisenberg picked up his glasses and hat, disappearing in another room to work.

He couldn't let anything happen to her.