Chapter 9

For the last few hours since they arrived back at the factory, Heisenberg had been experimenting the woman that had attacked Elize. Elize sat in the same room as he did, but she was in the corner where she couldn't see the blood. She kept hearing him mutter about how the woman was a dumb ass, that he couldn't wait to see what he could do.

It was quiet enough where Elize couldn't hear everything, but she could make out key details. It made her shiver. Was this the type of man she was stuck with? He just kept getting creepier and creepier, but he wasn't angry with her. Thankfully, he was quite the opposite.

Heisenberg put a knife down along with a metal blade. He lit a cigar and placed it in his mouth. He took a quick puff and blew the smoke out. "And you said you don't have any power, right?"

Elize looked up from her book. The blood was dusty and had spots of blood on the cover. She had gotten it from the village as Heisenberg thought it would keep her busy. She was covered in new bandages, they lacked the blood her older ones did. "Yeah," she murmured and placed the book in her lap. "My sisters and brother all have theirs, but all of my sisters found out theirs when they were younger than me.."

For a moment, Heisenberg stared at her before taking another puff of his cigar and blowing the smoke out. "I think there's something more to you that you don't know."

This was the first time Elize had been terribly wounded, but she saw the amount of blood loss. Any normal person would have passed away from the blood loss by now. Any normal person would have been worse off compared to her. 

Elize shrugged her shoulders, "so, what exactly are you suggesting?" She asked, sighing. She could almost see where their conversation was going and she didn't quite want to think about it. Elize had no fighting ability, she didn't have good senses when it came to it. All the time her brother and sister spent trying to teach her, she never did learn. She had a general idea of certain things, the typical fighting style. However, her knowledge ended after that.

Heisenberg looked at her, blowing more smoke out. "Want to learn what it is?" He chuckled.

With a sigh, Elize shook her head. She didn't want to, not the way he would suggest. "I don't think I want to because whatever idea you're going to have is not ideal for me." She shook her head and rubbed her face. While she had an idea of what he was going to do, she didn't entirely know how.

A plan to find out what her power was because he was suspicious about something to do with powers. She wasn't hiding anything, she hadn't the slightest clue. "So, what do you think my power is?"

He laughed, "why don't you tell me. I'm going to give you a challenge. I won't let anything... serious happen to you, but it'll help you find out your powers."

Elize started at him and slowly shook her head. "Lovely," she muttered. Nothing serious would happen to her, but his serious was probably on the same level as death. "I'm not sure how I would feel about that."

Heisenberg chuckled, taking another drag of his cigar. "I don't think you have much of a choice, sweet heart." He smirked at her and Elize sighed.

"So what did you have in mind?" She asked.

He looked at her and blew smoke out. He put his hand out and pulled his chair over before taking a seat. He gestured to the other chair and Elize took a seat. "What would you think about helping me take the other lords down a few pegs?"

Her stomach sunk. She was hoping for something a little less serious. Her body shivered as she thought about the overly tall woman, Lady Dimitrescu. That woman had issues and everytime she saw her it was always something. She realized that the woman wanted her, but she made wine from the blood of virgins.

That was just amazing.

Very lovely, but not something she wanted to come face-to-face with anytime soon. "As much as I would love to, can't I just do something easier?"

He narrowed his eyes, "and what would you suggest?"

As she opened her mouth to say something, he smirked. She slowly leaned back, waiting for the new idea from the psycho. She could only imagine the number of things he would come up with, none would be pleasant for her.

"How about this, I drop you off at the village and you try to get back here. That's the start of your test." Heisenberg leaned back and took another drag from his cigar. He was itching to see how the young woman would do against what he had planned.

"What's the catch?" Elize asked, sighing.

"You have to get past my Lycans and the villagers. They are a handful on their own," Heisenberg chuckled. If she had any true powers, he would be able to really see them when she was attacked by Lycans.

Blood thirsty beasts that would track her based on her blood. However, he wouldn't let anything serious happen to her.

"Do I get any sort of weapons?" Elize asked with a sigh.

He chuckled, "a knife, but that's it. Anything you find is on you, but that's what we're going to do."

It wasn't like she had any sort of choice in the matter, that was clear. He wasn't going to give her a choice, an option. She would have to take whatever she got from him in response. "I can't argue, can I?"

"No."

Elize sighed, softly. She rubbed her face and leaned back in the chair, "fine... I guess that's what I'm stuck with isn't it?" She would survive, her wounds were almost fully healed. They still had sometime to go, but they were healed enough that they would not hinder her as she moved.

"Where do we start?"

***

I appreciate everyone reading my story, commenting, voting on it, etc. I have started one called Blood and Cigarettes, you can follow Leigh and Logan on their adventure. Of course, I hope you're enjoying following Elize on hers.

I also adopted a new puppy (chiweenie) and I named her Rosemary due to Resident Evil Village. I have three dogs now, ten, three, and six weeks. I couldn't resist naming her Rosemary.

~Evee