Chapter 8

"She's starting to wake up!" Angie giggled, tilting her head at the bloodied Elize.

Elize slowly opened her eyes, jumping slightly and gripping her abdomen. The bleeding was beginning to slow down, but the wound was still open.

Angie giggled more, running over to a hooded figure that was dressed in black.

Black clothes, face covered... who died?

Elize stared at the doll and the woman who held her. She remembered her from the family meeting.

What was she supposed to say? Was she supposed to apologize?

Elize swallowed. Heisenberg hadn't ever said anything about her, she didn't know how dangerous she was. Heisenberg, himself, had a temper. Though he didn't harm her, he put fear into her heart. However, he remembered her picture with the doll on his wall.

Ugly ass psycho doll.

Elize looked at her bandages and then Donna and Angie.

"You're not allowed to die," Angie giggled, hoping down and running over to Elize. She was amazed that Elize managed to get away from Heisenberg again.

This time, however, she was bleeding terribly. It looked like she had fought something or someone off, not Heisenberg.

The man had a hammer, not a knife. She wouldn't be walking if he was the one behind it.

Let alone live.

Still, he lost her, again.

Elize stared at Angie and swallowed. "Right, I've been told." She looked around. There were dozens of dolls everywhere.

Dolls were worse than Lycans and now they could talk?!

Wonderful.

That had creepy written all over it.

"Heisenberg lost you again! It's my turn to play with you!" Angie giggled and Elize rubbed her face.

She couldn't risk running off again, that wasn't an option. The pain in her stomach was serious, she barely made it through the gate.

Something had found her and dragged her inside. Slowly, Elize slid off the bed and looked at Angie. "I'm just... going to go." She walked away from the doll.

"You can't leave!" Angie yelled, running back to Donna. "If you try to leave, my friends are going to get you!"

Dolls started appearing with knives and other weapons. Elize stopped, looking at the dolls.

'Worse than the Lycans,' Elize thought before quickly bolting to the door.

With how her wound was, she wouldn't get very far, but she didn't need to. With how Heisenberg was pissed off the first time she managed to get away, he would be more so this time.

"You can't leave, stay! We can be friends!" Angie cackled and Elize glanced back.

Friends? With a doll? Elize wasn't even believing that it was alive. "I have a better idea, you keep your friends to myself and I'll go find new friends."

There was no chance that she would stay behind just to be killed by a psycho doll. There were too many mysteries to the village and to the Lords. She had so many unanswered questions.

Angie cackled more, though Donna didn't move as far as Elize could tell. "Don't make my friends hurt you." She said as the dolls began to close in.

***

The blood went all the way to Donna's home. Heisenberg narrowed his eyes, there were drag marks on the ground. He walked to the house, gripping the hammer until his knuckles turned white.

As he got to the door, there was a loud crash and the door opened. One of the dolls went flying out the door.

"Keep your creepy dolls to yourself!" Elize stepped back to the now open door.

"You can't leave!" Angie followed, but stopped when she saw Heisenberg in the door. Donna followed after, stopping when she saw him.

Elize turned around and her shoulders relaxed.

He looked her up and down, looking at all the blood. He could see her bandages on her abdomen, underneath her torn shirt. One of her arms was bleeding, it was unbandaged. He had to give her props for standing up against Donna, but she wasn't anything to be afraid of. It was all just a trick of the mind, he had caught onto that not long after meeting her. The others she had in the manor never caught onto it, but Elize was different.

Instead of being afraid, she threw one of the dolls out the door.

Definitely had to give her props.

"It took you long enough," Elize breathed in.

"I told you to stay put," Heisenberg said and he glanced at Donna as Angie ran back to her. "She's mine," he hissed.

Elize quickly exited, getting behind Heisenberg who gripped his hammer even tighter. He wasn't worried about Donna posing a threat to him. If he needed to, he would put her into the ground himself. Elize peered around Heisenberg, at Donna. She had never said anything to Elize, not at any of the family meetings. Usually, it was Angie doing to talking.

Either way, she would be happy to never see the creepy dolls ever agian.

Heisenberg placed a hand on Elize's arm, gripping it lightly. He started moving her towards the gate and Elize didn't argue, going the way he pushed her.

Elize took one glance towards the doll she had thrown out. It didn't move, not as threatening as when they were coming at her.

"It was just an illusion," Heisenberg said as the two walked through mist, following the trail of now dried blood.

An illusion.. Elize nodded, slowly. All of it had seemed so real, the dolls were actually trying to attack her. If she had been attacked in an illusion, would she actually get hurt. Elize looked down at her thrown shirt, the bandages were beginning to turn red, but it had slowed down.

Her arm was still bleeding along with other cuts to her skin. "It looked real," she murmured and Heisenberg glanced at her as they came to the gate. He pushed the door open, allowing Elize to exit first.

Compared to all the blood in the factory and on the ground, she wasn't bleeding remotely as bad now. In a single day, she was beginning to heal from serious wounds. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?" He hissed, lighting a cigar. He blew the smoke out as Elize shrugged.

"Not really, but I guess this can be considered that," Elize rubbed the back of her neck.

Maybe he should have let her stay there longer with Donna. He couldn't risk her killing Donna as that would come back on him, but she was starting to reveal what her true power was.

While he couldn't entirely put his finger on it and prove it quite yet, she had some sort of power in her soul. It was hiding deep and maybe she needed to get through tests and experiments to find it. However, he would not be the one to do it. At this rate, he couldn't bring himself to experiment on her.

On the other hand, he knew the other Lords would test her. Despite what Miranda believed, he could see something in her.

"Well, I'll give you a chance to see what you're made of."