Chapter 10

Get past the Lycans.

With a knife.

Right, that seemed plausible.

If they got the upper hand, he would stand in. Well, the upper hand to an extent. The extent being that death was more plausible than life. He claimed that she had some sort of power that was hiding inside of her, but Elize didn't have any sort of idea what that power was.

Her brother controlled fire, her sister controlled ice, the youngest sister was telekinetic. So, what could she be? She didn't believe she had any sort of power, that the gift skipped a generation and just hit her siblings. It didn't seem or sound right, Heisenberg had just looked at her like she was joking. He believed otherwise, he didn't give her a choice in going out.

This was a fight that she had to win, but he had other plans for her than just fighting off the villagers and the Lycans. Whatever his other plans were, well, she didn't want to ask. This was already so much within its own right.

He just left her in the village and said good luck, that he would be watching her from afar.

Well, if her siblings ever did find her, she would definitely give him a piece of her mind. The villagers didn't like her, they didn't like outsiders. The Lycans only listened to Heisenberg and prey was prey, no matter who it was.

Elize removed her knife from her pocket, looking at the village. Some of the houses had caved in, but no one paid any attention to it. They went on like it was just any other day. To them, nothing happened.

"Alright," she murmured, "I need to get back to the factory." She looked around and then rubbed her face. She had no map, he had just dropped her off somewhere and told her to find her own way.

The last time that had happened was because her brother wanted her to learn. It didn't go over very well, it ended up with Elize being attacked by wolves. Her sister had to step in and save her, but her brother never did anything like that again. He had the biggest regrets of any person she had ever seen.

Elize sighed, staring into the village. Some looked at her while others just simply ignored her. "Alright, I think I know where I'm going," she murmured as she started through the village. As long as she didn't create a problem, none of them would say anything to her.

As she walked farther through the village a hand grabbed her arm, "where are you going?"

The words spoken were slurred and Elize swallowed. It wasn't the voice of Heisenberg, hell, she didn't even see him drink. Her eyes stared forward, but she didn't say a single word. She was afraid of what it would cause, but at least she had the knife.

"Are you going to answer?" His voice slurred.

If he tried anything, she could probably even out run his drunk ass.

"How is it any of your concern?" Elize asked, pulling her arm away from his grasp. She turned around, stepping at least ten feet back. The more space she put between them, the better off she would be. It would give her a small running start.

If he was like any normal drunk she had encountered, he would probably slip in the snow.

"You're my wife, you owe me an explanation!"

"You're drunk," Elize hissed, "and out of your damn mind. I'm not your wife, I've never even met you."

He went to grab her again and Elize took another step back. She watched him slip and land face first in the snow. She was grateful for the snow, it reminded her of her sister. Almost like her sister was looking out for her, ice and snow was her ball park.

"Yeah.... Stay down there," Elize gave him one look over before taking off. She didn't want to be near him when he finally was able to get up out of the snow. She didn't want to have to hurt him, she just wanted to get back to the factory. After that, she would have to figure out some way to tell him to fuck off.

There was no way in hell that she was doing whatever other crazy ass idea he had in mind. It would end up in her death, she wasn't quite ready to die. Not before her family arrived anyways.

After that, as long as she wasn't anywhere around the village, she would be fine. However, she didn't want to die somewhere so miserable.

As she rounded another corner, she slowed down. She slowly walked through the snow, seeing candles lit. She stopped, looking at the building that had the candles in front of the door. She sighed, shaking her head. She walked the building, not wanting to waste anytime.

If she did, the more time she wasted, the more she would struggle with finding her way back to the factory. Running her hands through her hair and then down her face, she ran her hands over her face a second time.

She wasn't even sure if she was going the second way, but she entered through the next gate. It was an iron gate, but instead, it led her to a graveyard. She looked around the graveyard, something black catching her eye.

It laid on top of one of the headstones.

Slowly, Elize walked over and picked it up. There was no snow on it, it had just been newly placed.

A pistol. She removed the clip, it had ammo in it. She placed the clip back in and put the gun in her pants. She placed her shirt over it and trudged through the snow.

There was a gate and as she looked up, she finally noticed the castle. How had she not before? It was big enough to not miss it, but Elize had been focused on avoiding the drunk villager. She slowly walked to the door and ran her hand over it.

It required two keys.

She stared at it for another minute until snarling echoed through the snowy air.

They were coming.

***

I appreciate everyone for reading this story, voting on it, and all the comments. Honestly, I can't believe how the story blew up in a matter of time. I had sat down to work on this chapter over an hour ago, but I spent this entire time chasing Rosemary around so I kept having to come back to it.

Writing this has been great and it still has more to go! Thank you everyone for reading. More chapters to come!

~Evee