Chapter 43: Sleepover woes!

Start from the beginning

   I didn't get much work done, but Mr. Aizawa said I was improving my speed and aim. So it wasn't a total waste of a first day as a hero course student. Plus I got to train in my new costume, it's incredible. I have to get Hatsume something to thank her.

   But as far as tonight, I need to make sure Izuku gets some sleep. He's my friend so I have to step up and help him! So I'll use my normal tricks to help with nightmares.

   When I was younger, 10-ish, I was attacked by a villain, then saved by a great hero. That's why I want to be a hero. However, for nearly a year I had terrible nightmares of the villain. And I'm not sure if Izuku's nightmares are the same but I can do the things that helped me to help him.

   I'll start by making him some Lavender tea. The stuff calms nerves and makes people sleepy. After dinner I'll be sure to hit up Yaoyorozu and her tea collection.

"Hey Izuku!" Someone yells behind me and Izuku.

"Ah, Mirio! Hello." Izuku waves to the quickly approaching student. I can tell he's a student, he's in uniform.

"I heard that you wanted to talk to me, what's up?" Mirio asks.

"Oh yeah! Is it okay if we talk in private?" Izuku walks next to the older boy.

"Yeah, of course." Mirio and Izuku walk away, leaving me behind.

'Was that a third year?'

   I keep walking back to the dorms on my own now. I wish I knew what they were talking about, but it's whatever. This will give me more time to find ways to help Izuku with his sleeping woes.

   I pulled out an old book from my room and flipped through the pages. My parents weren't home often because of work but they care about me a lot, so one day my dad wrote down things to do incase I hurt myself or I got some sort of wound while they were away. And during the year of my night terrors my dad wrote down what to do to help with nightmares, insomnia, and headaches.

   I landed on a page that describes the best ways to prevent nightmares. I read it top to bottom and then read again to be safe. The page describes the best temperature, best blankets, it said a humidifier would help, it even went into detail about lighting. So I followed the book's notes. I decided I wouldn't confront Izuku entirely and instead just ask to have a sleepover or something.

   So I grabbed a thin fuzzy blanket, turned the temperature down on this hallway, grabbed the humidifier from my room, and made sure nothing in the hall was too bright. Just like that I'm ready for my sleepover mission! And in time for dinner too.

   Izuku returns to our dorms and we all eat dinner. It's left over curry from last night, which Bakugou made too spicy. We clean the kitchen then we all go our separate ways. The smarter, and sometimes up tight, kids go to study for a quiz that's two weeks away. The normal and dumb kids loaf around the dorms.

"Hey Izuku, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight. Like a sleepover or something." I suggest to him.

"A sleepover?!" He starts to smile.

"Yeah that sounds like fun! But... No, it's fun! We'll have fun." Izuku second guessed himself before agreeing to my engenius plan.

"Cool!" I smile as he leads me up to his room.

   During the night we drank tea, Izuku knitted while I read, he showed me his hero notes, and we even played a calm board game. After all that I noticed Izuku starting to get tired so I clicked on the humidifier.

"Izuku, wanna get some sleep? We do have school tomorrow." I whisper.

"Uh- sure, that's a good idea." He gives me the iconic shakey smile.

"Right, let's rest up for training tomorrow." I whisper, flipping off the lights and tucking into my sleeping bag.

"Okay..." Izuku pulls the blankets up on his bed.

   I kept a watchful eye on him the whole night. He jolted twice but never woke up. Which is a good sign. That means all my stuff worked and Izuku's nightmares weren't bad. Mission successfully! Morning came and Izuku woke me up for school.

"Shinso, can I ask you something?" He whispers as we walk down the stairs.

"Sure." I whisper back.

"Well, it's weird but... did you do anything special last night?" He asks.

"If you're referring to your nightmares then yeah. I spent the time it took you to talk to Mirio to make a plan to help you get sleep." I smirk.

"You... Shinso you didn't have to do that... Thank you!" He hugs me.

"No problem Izuku. I wanted to help so I kind of did have to. You're my friend so I did something nice for you, just like how you've been nice to me this whole time." I hug him back.

"Thank you Shinso!" He squeezes me.

"Yeah, you're welcome." I squeeze him too.

A/N: Thanks for reading! This chapter was 1555 words long. Leave comments please!