Chapter 2

"Window seat please," Andy said at the counter. The woman in her 50's stared at him while fixing her eyeglasses. "Let me check it for you, young man," she said. "Please do, thank you," Andy answered. "You know what, when I was your age, I always wanted to sit by the window as well. It's mesmerizing when you see the sunset; you better check it out," she said.

"What about the sunrise? Does it look the same as the sunset?" Andy answered, curious. The old woman gasped and looked at Andy in astonishment. "Ehhh? Sunrise? Everybody loves sunsets oh! And you'll be too tired to even see the sunrise; you'd probably fall asleep and snore even before the sun comes out. Ha! Bad timing, I'm gonna apologize to you young man, tssskk, no more window seats. Look!" The old woman showed the monitor to Andy, she felt a bit sad when Andy let out a heavy sigh.

"Expecting a window seat huh? Okay, come here. I'll tell you a secret," she said. Andy came closer to the counter and he was surprised to hear what she whispered in his ear. "What? Is that even allowed?" he asked. "Tricky and risky but worth it if you get a window set, aye?" she answered while tapping the computer keyboard. "Hmmm, yeah, you got a point. But..." Andy answered with hesitation. The old woman raised her eyebrow to Andy and looked at him sternly. "Okay, I'll try it then," he said. "You got nothing to lose, young man. Just don't tell anyone," she said while winking at him. "Thank you," Andy said. "No problem and enjoy your trip oh!" she responded. "Next please!"

Andy boarded his flight with cold sweats and numb hands as he saw the people inside the plane, they were busy putting their luggage inside the overhead bin. He stared at his plane ticket and walked closely to his seat. "I hate the aisle seat," he muttered. Andy has no choice so he sat on his designated seat. He closed his eyes for a bit then decided to check his phone. He received loads of messages from his mother who misses him so much. He sent a message to her to calm his mum's anxiety of being far away from him. Andy was sorting out his backpack when an old man came to sit on the window seat. "Hi!" the old man greeted him with a smile. "Hi!" Andy answered. He felt a little awkward, he never liked conversations from strangers and he hated socializing with people whom he barely knew. "Umm, excuse me. If you don't mind, can we switch seats?" Andy asked, a bit nervous.

"Sorry kid, as much as I want to, I can't," the man said. "But why?" Andy asked. "Why? You tell me kid. Why do you want to switch seats with me? I paid for this seat," he answered, annoyed. "I'm sorry Sir, well, you know... Ugh, this is really embarrassing," Andy said while shaking his head. "What's embarrassing, huh?" the man replied. "So this is where you are. I have been looking for you! Excuse me, Sir. Would you like to switch seats with me instead?" the woman sitting in front of them said. Andy spaced out when he realized that it was the woman he met inside the airport. The woman without a name for Andy and he didn't even show a little bit of interest to know her name. "Hey! Fancy seeing you here," Andy said, playing along with her idea. "Oh, you must be on your honeymoon!" the man said. "Sorry, it's just a misunderstanding," Andy responded. "It's alright kid; I apologize if I'm a bit harsh a while ago," he said then he looked at the woman, "Come here dear."

"Oh, thank you so much. We really appreciate it, Sir," she said. "Well, it's not a good idea to separate a couple during their honeymoon. Please sit with your husband! I still remember when my daughter got married. Ahh, good old days," he said, then he smiled at them. He sat on the window seat where the woman used to sit.

"Go, move there now," she whispered to Andy. "Are you sure about this? Maybe you want to sit here too?" he asked out of curiosity. "It's okay. All my life I had been sitting near the window. It won't hurt to let you try it."

"Thank you. It means a lot to me, thanks again."

"No problem. I hope you don't mind me sitting here next to you,"