ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

Life has been calm these two months. Ciara and I have gotten closer to each other. She knows almost everything about me. She still sleeps in my bed and spends all day with me when I can and my feelings haven't subsided a bit. If anything it continues to grow at an alarming rate.

I've tried everything I could think of, even as far as going on dates with other women, but I get this sense of guilt that stops me from even showing up at the dates. This woman has a hold on me and in all honesty I don't even want her to let go. "What are you thinking so deeply about, Nolan?" Ciara asks and my eyes focus in.

"Nothing and everything." I answer vaguely and she rolls her eyes, going back to dusting my room. "You know you don't have to do that right?"

"Yes I do actually. Besides I like doing it." She tells me and then blocks me out as she hums softly to herself.

I watch her hum and dust all around my- no our room. It might as well be called our room. Her stuff is here and most importantly she's here. Being around her calms me down immediately, especially after a rather stupid meeting with my council. She always has something funny to say and her scent, drives me crazy. It's a mix between coconut and mango. A strange combination but a smell that's addicting and purely Ciara.

I turn back to my paperwork, a sigh leaving my lips as the stack seems to be never ending. I look up as my room door opens. "Where are you going?" I ask her.

"To get us some lunch. Now go back to work." She scolds lightly and I chuckle. Never in a million years would I thought to find someone like Ciara.

She comes back 20 minutes later with a nice sandwich and soup combo on a tray, and a pitcher of water with two glass cups. "I'm starving." I tell her and she sits down as we both dig in. "I have something to tell you." I tell her. I've decided to finally tell her how I feel. Life is to short to be scared.

"What is that?" She asks me. We've been finished with our food for awhile but we haven't moved from our eating spots yet.

I gulp, meeting her eyes.