ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘

Fire danced along my skin everywhere he touched. My breath hitches as his thumb caresses my bottom lip. "Ferń, what are you doing to me?" Desmond whispers so quietly I almost missed it.

"What do you mean?" I ask in a slightly shaky voice, as I stare into his deep blue eyes.

"You drive me crazy in the best way possible." He says and my eyes widen as I-

"What are you reading Nolan?" I jump at the sound of Ciara's voice.

"The Smell of Rain." I tell her and she looks at me in shock.

"Oh wow, you're actually reading the books I got you?" She asks in disbelief.

"I always read the books you get me." I tell her in a matter of fact tone.

"Why?" I look at her completely as if she's the dumb one.

"Because I know it's important for you. I live to make you and Eva happy." I tell her and she beams at me. We stare at each other a bit longer before I clear my throat, trying to get away from this conversation before I reveal to much. "What book are you reading?"

"Serra's Last Breath." She says and I cock my brow at the title.

"That story sounds depressing." I tell her and she throws a pillow at me.

"It's about a girl name Serra trying to make it in a world that hates her. She meets a boy named Lucas, who lives in the country and he teaches her a new perspective on life, but Lucas doesn't know that Serra is dying." She explains sadly.

"Dying from what?" I ask curiously and I see tears form in her eyes.

"Lung Cancer. She's not a smoker or anything like that. It's just like one day her lungs just couldn't breathe for her anymore." She says and we sit in silence for a minute.

"Yeah, depressing just like I thought." I break the silence and she chuckles, laying back on the bed and a grin the size of Respiria stretches across my face at finally hearing the sound after four weeks.

"Go back to your book, Lan." She tells me and I look at her for a minute longer before heading back to my book, my mind not focused on it anymore. Instead my mind is focused on the beauty curled up in my bed.

A beauty that doesn't know how much I love her.