ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜

Nolan's POV

The beautiful girl in front of me tilt her head to the side in confusion. "What do you mean, your highness?"

"Taste the food and make sure it isn't poisoned." I explain and I see her eyes light up as she takes in everything on the plate.

"I can taste everything?" She looks up at me hopefully and I furrow my brows at her in confusion.

"Yes, including the tea." She nods, propping herself into my chair and tasting everything. I study her and see she's actually enjoying the food more than she should.

"Delicious." She says her eyes snapping to mines. Not being able to handle the twinkling in them I look away and nod, motioning for her to do what she needs to do.

My eyes seem to drift back to her no matter how hard I try to ignore her presence. I watch as she dust down my room, my eyes takinf her in. I've never seen someone who looks like her. Her skin is unique, clear. I'm sure it's smoothe. Her brown eyes, framed by thick lashes, fluttering against the top of her cheeks whenever she blinks. Plump lips, and a curvy body, that many women in Respiria lack, and she radiates a feeling I know all too well, no matter how much she tries to cover it up.

A sadness seems to float around her. "Your bathe is ready, your highness." Her soft voice snaps me out of my trance and my eyes immediately meets hers. I should be angry at the disrespect she's showing, I am her king, I didn't give her permission to look at my eyes and yet I can't bring myself to do it. It's been years since someone other than Evelyn, has looked at me without fear and it brings a sense of peace in me.

"I'll be right in." I tell her and she gives one nod, turning back into the bathroom. I sigh, standing up. Get yourself together, Nolan. I scold myself mentally. I enter the bathroom, seeing the pool style tub filled with steaming water and the smell of mint and something earthy in the air.

I strip down quietly, moving into the tub and dunking my head under the water immediately. I turn my head, to look at her, seeing she's in the black swimsuit provided and she clambers in and something deep within me purrs lowly that she'll smell like me for the day. "Ready?" She asks and I stay silent, moving over to her so she's within arms reach.

She pours in the cleansing oil for my hair, scratching my scalp lightly and a shiver runs up my spine at the sensation. She begins to wash me as the oil sits in my hair, softly humming to herself. She gives me another one of her sad smiles as she gently wipes down my face. She rinses me off, and then it hits me, I don't know her name. "What's your name?" I ask as softly as possible, so I don't disturb the nice silence around us. It's always loud, but with her the silence comes.

"Ciara." She answers back just as softly, then waddles to the edge of the tub. She grabs a heated towel, holding it out for me and I step up to her, and she dries me off so gently, so softly as if she's afraid I might shatter, unaware that I'm already broken. "Please lean forward your highness."

"Of course." I do as asked and she ties a towel on my head, signalling for me to step towards the sink. She sets up my toothbrush and I take it from her gratefully and brush as she dries herself off and change back into uniform, my eyes snapping away and willing the blush to go away as well.

She takes such good care of me. Putting scented oils in my hair and on my skin and I dress in my usual clothes, a long sleeve button up shirt and some black trousers. I add my black loafers and I'm ready to sit in a meeting room and listen to the council argue amongst themselves. "Is there anything you need me to do before I go, your highness?" My heart stuttered at seeing her go, but I know she has to go. I don't have time for women, let alone a maid.

"No, you're dismissed." I tell her. She thanks me, bowing deeply and I watch as she exits my room, and I slump in my chair, sighing.

What is wrong with me?