Alec chuckles.

"Baby, you are coming with us. There's no way I would leave you behind" he says and when I look at him he seems surprised and hurt that I would even consider them leaving without me.

I froze.

Me? Leaving? But I just arrived! Alec couldn't possibly be asking me to leave my family again. I just got them back and I have barely talked to them. No. I wasn't ready to leave yet. Moving in with him was already a big step that came too quickly for comfort.

Looking away, I started feeling angry.

"Riley?" Alec murmurs, bringing a hand to the back of my neck.

"Alec, I'm sorry, but I can't leave yet," I say daring to look into his shocked eyes. "I just got my family back, and I want to spend time with them. Please don't ask me to leave them again"

"Hey, shh" Alec brings me to his chest and it's when I realize I started shedding tears. "I'm sorry. I didn't stop to think about your situation with your family. I'm sorry, baby" he hugs me tightly and I could tell he was feeling guilty, so I hug him back to ease him.

"Yeah. There's no rush to leave Russia" adds Carmen.

I pull away from Alec feeling a little bit ashamed that I ruined their trip.

"Sorry... I'm ruining your plans to travel" I say, regret lacing my words.

Alec put a hand on my thigh, squeezing it and kissing my temple.

"Don't apologize, Riley. We are a pack, and packs stay together" he soothed me and I smile back at him.

I was really thankful that they were sacrificing their time so I could spend time with my family because there was no way I was leaving just yet.

***

It's been three hours since we arrived at the mall and my feet were killing me! We've done two trips to the car to leave the multiple bags so we could keep shopping with no inconvenience.

It was crazy. I've never bought so many clothes in just one trip to the mall I swear! But the girls insisted I needed this and that. I mean, I couldn't complain, I have a lot of new stuff and outfits to try on, but I was hungry, thirsty and my feet ached painfully. And all that is making me cranky.

When I am about to complain, again, Carmen finishes a purchase and tells us to leave the bags we have in the car so we can go and eat something.

I sit on a chair at a table in the food court of the mall and start devouring my meal. I've been finding out that my appetite has been increasing and that wasn't good. I like my body, but I didn't want to get fat and feel forced to go to the gym. That would be torture!

"I'm glad you are eating well, Riley" says Carmen biting on her hamburger.

I almost choke on my smoothie.

"Are you crazy?! I have probably gained some pounds now" I say whining making a pout.

Rebecka laughs which has me throwing a fry at her. It lands on her hair. She simply picks it up and eats it. Ew.

"Riley, don't worry, is totally normal now that you are shifting, and lycans have a really good metabolism. So there's little chance you will be gaining any weight" Carmen explains to calm me down.

I guess I can't do anything but believe her. Besides, I always manage to stay in shape with all those times I go running. Which, surprisingly, wasn't torture. Probably because it was in my nature.

"Okay, good to know" I mumble and finish my hot dog so I could start with the second one.

"Let's hurry up. We still need to prepare you for your date with Alec" cheers Rebecka wiggling her brow.

I shrug.

"Is just putting on a dress and heels, beside the makeup. I'll be ready in half an hour" I say like it was no big deal.

Carmen and Rebecka look at each other and break into a burst of laughter. I frown at them, not really pleased that they were laughing at me.

"Oh my..." breaths Rebecka trying to control her laugh.

"Oh sweet, sweet Riley" chimes Carmen and my frown deepens. "You are going on your first date, with your mate, the royal prince... Bitch you have to look fabulous! We are going to do your hair and do you a killer makeup on you" Carmen looks at me as if I went mad.

"You'll be lucky if we finish in under two hours" mocks Rebecka and I groan.

I have now found a new form of torture!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hello lovely people, how are you?

Must be nice to have friends like that. And a pain in the ass too lol

What do you think of the novel so far?

Hope you are liking it!

Lot of love!

Don't forget to comment, vote and follow! xoxo