The variant - chapter 13 ४

Start from the beginning

"Very well then" he says as he walks away.

"Idiot" you mumble to yourself.

As everyone gather at the entrance you gather into your teams. You follow Mobius down to the back of the supermarket. Its awfully quiet. As you pass by the people seeking shelter, you scan their temporal aura... unfortunately without any luck.. you just prayed maybe Loki had more luck... you and Mobius walk in silence, the only sound coming from your soaking footsteps as you walk down a dark aisle.
Yet something feels off about the situation, Mobius was usually quite talkative, even more so than Loki. So why was he so quiet... you turn to face the man, and the soft welcoming face you're used to seeing while walking with him through the corridors at the TVA, is gone. It's replaced by a mischievous smirk.

"You're not Mobius are you?" You ask with a sense of fear in you voice... You slowly back away from the man focusing all you can to send Loki a message through your mind.

Aisle 5, please hurry something's wrong.

"Soo, you're the fool the TVA brought in to hunt me down, I expected more" the voice is Mobius's but it's darker, it's devilish...

"No, I am actually" you turn around and see Loki standing behind you, his head is tilted slightly examining the variants expression. This felt like a really bad trip. Or another one of your nightmares. Two lokis..

Before you can think, the variant pins you hands behind your back.

"You're me I presume?" Loki asks, he's strangely calm in his voice. You're pure panic.

The variant begins laughing manically, they sure seem like a Loki. You're still struggling to get your hands freed from their grip. Yet with every motion you make the grip tightens.

"If anyones anyone.. you're me" they say as a big devilish smile sneaks upon their face, it's haunting to look at. What makes it worse is that you still have no idea what they look like. Their head is tilted as their piercing eyes stare directly into Loki's.

"Why don't you let go of them, and reveal yourself. Coward" Loki growls as he moves closer to you. You feel the variant pull you further away. The variant let's our a long sigh. With their one free hand they let the long black hood from their robe slide aside. You can't see their face. But by watching Loki intensely you sense that they don't look like what you might have imagined.

"You're a woman?" He questions.

"The sexism isn't a great look on you" she snaps back.

"Just let her go, this is about me" he growls.

"This isn't about you, it's about revenge" she states.

You finally gather the courage to speak up. "I think you have me confused for someone else, I'm not with the TVA" you say quietly.

Loki is one big question mark at this point, he shakes his head slowly. "Right" he says. He reaches a hand out, which he shouldn't have done. The variant throws you in front of her. She pulls out a golden dagger.

"Loki" you scream as the woman has you pinned up against her small frame, she was freakishly strong. She held the blade against your throat. Your survival instinct told you to fight back, but one swift movement and the blade would penetrate your skin. So you kept still, you were struggling to catch your breath as the blade was pressed harder against your throat.

Loki's expressions softens.. "let her go.." he says softly.. "I was the one that got her into this mess, so if you want revenge take me instead" he adds. You're confused as why he would suddenly stand up for you. Let alone risk his own life to make sure you were safe.. but the variant doesn't seem to take any notice to his words. She gently removes the dagger from you throat, as she lets the tip of the knife lift up you chin, softly breaking the skin beneath your chin.
You scream out in pain.

"Alright stop it!" Loki screams out, he's eager to grab you, but he knows he can't. The variant drops the dagger onto the floor, as she takes out one of the same devices the guards had used to open up a portal earlier.

"All I need from you is to stay out of my way" she says in a cold manner. Then she opens up a portal. She yanks you towards it with her.

"Please find me" you mouth to him, afraid what would happen if you decided to speak up. And even if you tried it felt as though all words had been sucked out of your memory.

The variant smiles sarcastically at Loki as she waved goodbye before entering the portal and pulling you through with her.

Just as Loki is about to run after you. Mobius, hunter-b15 and a guard comes stoning towards him.

"Loki" he calls out.. "don't do this we can find her together.. I promise" Mobius continues to yell out.

But lokis gaze is frozen upon the portal. He takes a deep breath. "Don't worry y/n, I'm coming" he whispers to himself as he follows you through the portal. Not knowing where he's going. All he knows is he has to make sure you're okay.