Chapter 16

"Oh fuck.." I moaned as I felt the wave of my climax wash over me and onto Druig's tongue. My head fell back against the wall, my eyes closed as I found my breath.

"Druig," I sighed as he slowly pulled my pants up my legs. Buttoning them again before placing a kiss to my lower stomach. I opened my eyes, looking down at him. With extra care he pulled my sweater down before standing up. His hand placed at my waist, the other holding my cheek softly. His blue eyes boring into the brown of mine as his thumb moved across my cheek.

"Amara.." He sighed, his voice matching mine. A smirk playing on his lips as he leaned forward, pressing his lips to my forehead. Druig pulled back a breath of space between us.

"Let's go save the world," Druig smiled closing the space, capturing my mouth with his. My hands finding their place on the sides of his face, pulling him impossibly close. We stayed like that for a minute. Wrapped up in each other as if there was no better place to be. Then Druig pulled away, the two of us sharing a smile before he slid his hand down my arm, taking my hand before leading me down the hallway.

We make our way down the winding halls of the Domo, our laughter filling the dark corridors before we appeared in the lab. Our hands swinging for a moment as we made our way beside the others.

"Ahh look who showed up," Kingo sang sarcastically. I giggled as we stood in the circle with the rest of the eternals.

"Oh to be young and in love," Karun said clapping his hands together looking at Druig and I with a wide smile on his face.

"He's literally 7,000 years old," Sprite said with the roll of her eyes as she crossed her arms over chest.

"Phastos!" Druig exclaimed squeezing my hand tight, a confident smirk on his face. A flash of pity moves across Phastos' features before turning to an expression of focus and deep thought. I give him a smile with a small nod before Druig continues.

"I need to control the mind of a celestial," Druig says, barely bumping into my shoulder as he looks to Phastos.

"Okay get ready for it," Phastos says moving his hands around a glowing ball of energy. He moved his hands quickly to reveal smaller circles in the air, one for each eternal.

"Bracelets? You made us bracelets?" Kingo asked, mirroring my confusion as I leaned against Druig. Phastos shot Kingo a death glare.

"So here's a little celestial 101. Celestials are the most powerful energy generators in the universe..."

Druig let go of my hand to fold his hands in front of himself, as he moved to stand beside me. His features set in deep thought as he looked at the images Phastos projected above us. I reached up wrapping my hand around his bicep, leaning into him.

"When Arishem made us, he imbued us with infinite cosmic energy to keep our bodies regenerating. The bracelets in theory shut down our regenerating process. And once that happens our bodies accumulate extra cosmic energy"

"What for?" Sersi asked as the group of us stared at Phastos.

"Well if deviants can absorb our energy what if we can absorb each other's energy as well?" Phastos pondered as I looked up at Druig, I watched as he looked at me from the corner of his eye, sending me a quick wink before we both tuned back into the conversation.

"If I can find a way to connect us all one of us could become immensely powerful pulling the accumulated energy from the rest forming..." Phastos hands pressed forward in a stern motion, as the golden image changed above him.

"A UNI-mind," he said clapping as he took a step back, clearly proud of himself. It was a great idea, I could've never come up with anything close to it. But the room went quiet as Druig shook his head before leaning his head against mine briefly.