Chapter 5

Small snores woke me this morning as I laid in Druig's bed. A yawn escaped me and I felt him stir in his sleep, his arms tightening around me. I stretched my arms out in front of me trying to roll away from Druig, but he pulled me in my back pressed to his bare chest.

"Not today Amara," Druig's voice was low and rough in my ear, sending chills down my spine. I turned in his arms so that I would be facing him. His eyes were shut as he pulled me closer.

"I told Mrs. Silva I would help her with chores today," I whispered and pressed my hand against his chest, my finger tracing an invisible line up to his shoulder.

"She can wait," Druig groaned opening his beautiful blue eyes as he scooted down the bed a bit so he could press his head to my bare chest.

"Druig," I laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist, his hand cupping my ass as he pulled me as close as he could.

His face lifted from my chest to look up at me. I gave him a small pout and he rolled his eyes with a small chuckle.

"Fine, get on with it beautiful," He said giving my ass a small slap making me yelp. A mischievous smirk played on Druig's lips before he turned to lay on his stomach, burying his face in his pillow.
Only staying in that position for a moment before I stood up and his gaze followed my every movement. As I put on my work pants and my button up shirt, Druig's eyes never left my body.

I sat on the bed pulling on my last shoe as Druig's hand moved underneath the hem of my shirt to trace shapes across my skin. I turned to him once I had my shoe on a content smile on his face. One I only got to see when he felt truly relaxed.

I brushed my hair away from my face with my hand before leaning down to kiss Druig. His hand trailed up my shirt to the middle of my back as his chin lifted to kiss me. The hand of his that was free rested against my jaw as he guided my mouth to his. Capturing my lips with his he molded his to mine and for a moment I forgot I had chores. Until Druig pulled away abruptly.

"Don't have to much fun without me," he smirked giving me a quick peck on the cheek before taking his hands off of me and laying back down. I rolled my eyes with a small shake of my head before turning and walking out the door and down to the schoolhouse.

As always there were stares and whispers as I made my way through the village. The village is small and everyone knows each other. There's not much to do except work and gossip. It's not like the walls of Druig's house are thick either.

Just as people's whispering began to get louder the entire village's eyes turn to me with the golden glow that reveals Druig's power. They all freeze and stop what they're doing. The gold of their eyes follow me as I walk up to the door of the schoolhouse.

"Their thoughts are too loud," says Druig's voice in my mind. I move to push open the door but before I do I turn to see the village staring at me, their eyes aglow. Before I can react they slowly go back to what they're doing as if they were never staring in the first place.

I turn back to the door of the schoolhouse and push it open to reveal the class of kids and Mrs. Silva.

"There you are," Mrs. Silva smiles as soon as her eyes greet mine.

"Sorry I'm late," I apologize walking over to her. She gives me a small hug before listing off things that need to be done. I nod and turn around the room to see the kids playing with toys. Only one girl sat at her desk while the others played. I walk over to the young girl with curly brown hair. She sat at one of the desks happily drawing away on a piece of paper.

"Good morning," I say smiling down at her as I crouch beside her. She doesn't look up at me just stares down at her paper. My eyes follow her pencil as she draws a creature that I'm not familiar with.