[chapter thirty] cherry flavoured revenge

Beacon Hills was the same as when the girl left, only now it had a slightly eerie feel to it. Matt was dead, Jackson was no longer killing people. Everything was back to normal, well, except from the Hale girl.

Aires forcefully shoved open the front door to her grandmother's home, almost making it fly off its hinges. After her fun in New York she decided it was time to return to the small town that ruined her life. She was angry, very angry and ready to cause chaos. However there was something that bugged her buried in the back of her mind.

Tate Hale

Brynn's words constantly replayed inside of her. "You need to know the truth about who your parents are."

The Hale didn't have time to dwell on the words before she let in the darkness, but that didn't stop her from being affected by the news. She wanted to know the truth, she wanted to know- no, needed to know if the coven was telling the truth. Was she Tate Hale?

Aires Doc Martens pounded against the wooden panels as she charged into her grandmother's library. Her eyes scanned the shelves, lingering slightly longer on the top row. A few slightly smaller books peaked her interest, forcing her to reach on the tips of her toes to grab them. They were diaries, not just anyone's diaries, Talia Hales diaries.

A small gasp escaped past her lips, with all her years with the older Hale, she never knew she was keeping diaries. Then again, Brynn's other words made an appearance in the front of her mind.

"You need to know the truth about who your parents are and why your memories were changed."

She was lied to, and she was determined to know why. Aires gathered the rest of the books, hauling them over to the small velvet couch before plopping down onto it. Slowly, she picked up the first of the many, peeling back the cover as she waited for what came next.

______

April 6th, 1996.

If someone would have told me what would be taking place this day last year, I wouldn't have been able to suppress laughing in their face. Nothing would've been able to prepare any of us for the tragedy and beauty of his very day.

The first time I held her in my arms I knew she would be special, not in the sense of what every adult claims when staring down at a new born child, but quite literally special. She was an angel, the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Her bright green eyes were enough to bring tears to everyone's eyes and melt everyone's hearts. I have never seen a room full of happier people. Even Peter was in complete awe of the small baby girl, not even a day old and she already had him wrapped around her little finger. Not just him but all of us. Derek completely fell in love with her, he declared to everyone in the room that he would protect her until the day he died.

The day was magical, until everything fell apart.

______

Aires eyebrows were knitted together, the Hale lack of detail was not only confusing but extremely infuriating. She came here for answers, not to put together a puzzle.

April 6th, that was her birthday and only a few days away. Annoyance bubbled inside of her, she threw the book across the room. Completely disregarding it as she picked up the third diary, flicking through it until she saw a page that caught her eye.

______

August 10th, 2000.

Tate, my sweet baby Tate. Sometimes when I'm awake at night, tossing and turning, I wonder, how can the world be so cruel? How can the world force a child's fate to be so tragic?