[chapter eight] scream

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

"What movie am I looking for again?" The girl mumbled softly into the speaker as her eyes scanned the shelves of the video store.

Once a month, Aires and Isaac had a horror movie marathon together that usually ended with the Lahey boy scared out of his mind. He couldn't handle the gore, horror and jumps scares, however, he endured it for Aires.

"Scream, it's the one that-"

"I know what happens in it Isaac." She mumbled with a playful roll of her eyes. "Want me to grab snacks?"

"I'm on my way back from the store with them right now."

"Ooo, what did you get?"

"Don't worry, I got your toffee apple."

"Thank you."

With a smirk, she shoved her phone into and began walking over to the horror section. But as she turned the corner, she felt a strong body collide into hers. The girl winced at the contact with her arm, that was still healing from when she had been shot. And even though pain medication would've helped, she knew it was too risky to go to the hospital. That was when people would ask questions, things she wanted to avoid.

With a murderous scowl plastered on her face, Aires head snapped up, leaving her face to face with the guy who made her blood boil.

"Ugh, what the fuck. Watch where you're going, Jackass." She hissed with an eye roll.

"Sorry Hale, I got distracted at the sight of your boobs."

If looks could kill, the boy would be six foot under. As her hands clenched into tight fists, she forced her anger away, attempting to calm herself before she did something stupid. As much as she wanted to kill Jackson, it would only cause more trouble for her.

Forcing the images of her bashing his head in aside, she quickly slipped her mask back on and strutted past the boy.

Don't kill him, he's Lydia's boyfriend.

Though the more she repeated the words in her head, the more she found herself wanting to kill him. He was awful to Lydia, and a pain in her ass. Killing him would solve a lot of problems for everyone.

"Hey, can anyone help me find the notebook?"

A fit of laughter tumbled past Aires lips as amusement shone in her eyes. "Aww, secretly a hopeless romantic Jackass?"

"Fuck you."

A smirk curled on Aires lips as she slowly rose her hand to flip the boy off. They had always been in the same friend group yet had never gotten along. There was something... Off about the boy. Something Aires didn't like.

"Hey, service would be nice!" He yelled.

A sigh fell from Aires lips as she slowly shook her head, already regretting the words that would next leave her lips. "Wrong aisle idiot, come on, it's this way, I think."

The last thing she wanted to do was spend more time then she had to with him, however, it didn't take a genuis to work out why he was getting the movie. For Lydia. And she happened to love her more then she hated him.

Just as she went to shoot the boy another snarky remark, the ground was swept from under neath her and a gasp replaced her words.

"What the-" Horror filled her eyes as she took in what had caused her fall.