[chapter six] new york, new york

✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

After rolling onto my side, the beaming sun came through the window and rested right on my face causing a groan to slip past my lips as I began to wake up. My pounding head served as a reminder of the night before, of the black car that sped away and the last words I muttered.

I thought I saw Laura.

I wasn't sure if I had, or if it was a sick trick my mind was playing on me. But I saw a car. One I could've sworn she was in. With a heavy sigh, I forced my eyes to open despite the protest my brain put up. I was never going to do anything productive if I rolled around in Stiles bed all day. At the thought of the boy, my brows furrowed as I took in the extremely quiet house.

No speaking, no movements.

Everyone was gone.

As I swung my legs over the side of the bed, my eyes caught onto a note with Stiles scribbled handwriting.

Your phone is charging on the desk, I went back to your apartment and got you a new outfit (which you better like.) Your keys are next to your phone. There are two tablets on the bedside table as well as a bottle of water, have them both and you should start to feel better. I have strawberry shampoo and conditioner so you can shower and you have an iced coffee in the fridge. Sorry I couldn't stay, text me when you're awake.

A smile crept onto my lips as I rolled my eyes. He was too good for the world, too good for my world. With a shake of my head, I glanced at the time to see it was ten in the morning. And he hadn't woke me, which in my mind could've meant one of two things.

Either something had happened last light with Scott- something that he didn't want to scare me with. Or, that something had happened with Laura.

"Fuck." I whispered with a shake of my head before jumping off the bed and strutting over to the outfit he had put together for me.

A red cami dress, tights, her leather jacket and doc martens. An outfit I knew was his favourite. With a roll of my eyes, I quickly changed and ran down the stairs, ignoring the incessant pounding in my head. I had shit to do, shit to get together.

I needed to get my ducks in a row.

✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

Scott turned.

The boy actually turned that night- the night I was wasted. Nobody was there to help him, to save him. He had to endure it all on his own.

Stiles finally caved and told me all of the trouble he had given him. All the running, the yelling. All of which I wasn't present for due to my unfortunate choices of the night.

I needed to get my shit together. Whilst the world fell apart, I couldn't let it take me down with it. Scott turned- the boy who had been my best friend since the age of five, the boy I worked tirelessly hard to keep away from my world. Scott McCall had turned. And there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.

I had my moment of heart break, a moment I let the shattering realisation sink in- but the moment was over. Somebody had to help him, and until Laura arrived home, that person would be me.

Scott had been avoiding everyone all weekend. Declining calls, always out the house. And strangely enough, Stiles had been off with me as well which only made my blood boil more. There was something they weren't telling me, and I was going to find out what it was.