Chapter 30: Sadie

For once, I was actually looking forward to Christmas. All of the guys were back to staying at my dad's house, Hoseok's parents were still there, and I was sleeping in my room there, too, so I wouldn't have to drive over in the morning.

I opened my eyes and leaned my head back to see that Hoseok was still sleeping. He had decided to tell his parents that he would be sleeping in my room, and in my apartment when I was there. They didn't seem all that surprised, so I guess that we weren't as stealthy as we thought. My dad, predictably, didn't care either way, as long as I was happy. And I was. I was deliriously happy. It scared me a little bit, like something was bound to go wrong, but I was still going to enjoy it. Maybe I'd actually get lucky this time, and things would turn out just the way that I wanted them to. Stranger things have happened, right? I'd better knock on wood before I jinx myself with my own thoughts.

I dipped my head and snuggled it back under Hoseok's chin, where it was when I woke up. He had one arm around my waist, and one stretched out under my head, so that I was using his shoulder for a pillow. This has become our favorite way to sleep. Even if we fall asleep without even touching, we always wake up like this. Like our bodies are pulled together in our sleep by a magnet.

"Merry Christmas, Gongjunim," Hoseok mumbled sleepily.

I pulled back again and smiled at him. "Merry Chrstmas, Hobi."

He readjusted us so that his arms were both wrapped tightly around me."How did you sleep?"

"I slept great, of course." I reached up to touch his cheek. "I always sleep well when you're beside me, baby."

"Same here," he told me with a smile. He wiggled his body down until our heads were level, then he pressed his forehead to mine. "Just think...we get to fall asleep and wake up together for the rest of our lives."

I giggled at him and kissed him quickly. "That sounds amazing."

"Not worried about my morning breath today?" he asked with a laugh.

"Well you didn't have any garlic at dinner last night, so..." I gave him a small shoulder shrug and he laughed again, pulling me closer to his body.

"God I love you." He kissed me again. "We should probably get up."

"Whhhhhhhy?" I whined at him?

"It's Christmas morning and the sun is up," he told me.

"So?"

"So the maknae will be around any minute, waking everybody up," he informed me.

I shrugged my shoulders again. "Yoongi already warned me about JK on Christmas morning. I locked the door last night."

Hoseok leaned his head back and laughed loudly. "You never cease to amaze me, Gongjunim. Never."

I smiled brightly at him. "I'm going to take that as a compliment."

"You should."

Just then, Rizzo came over and jumped up on the bed, walking up and laying down so that he was sandwiched between us.

"Good morning, handsome boy," Hoseok said, kissing the top of his ear.

I raised an eyebrow at him. He had really been taking this 'dog dad' thing seriously the past few days, and I loved it. I loved that he loved my Rizzo as much as I did. I loved that he went out of his way to show Rizzo special attention, and didn't just tolerate him because I loved my dog so much. And Rizzo, like me, had completely fallen for Hoseok. The other night at the apartment, I came into the living room after a shower, to find Hoseok passed out on his back on the couch, with Rizzo passed out on top of him with his head snuggled into his neck. It made my heart so full, and I may or may not have taken a picture and made it my phone background. I loved both of my boys so much.