Chapter 33: The Great Peregrine

Start from the beginning

Mistress Allieah brought her cup to her mouth and took another sip. "However, do you not know that suppressing your promotion would lead to a backlash of powers inside of you?"

Sebas was a bit startled.

Even to this extent? She could tell?

Sebas could not tell now of how much information about him that the Mistress was able to get her hands on.

Putting her cup down, Mistress Allieah spoke once again. Her sharp and enchanting purple eyes were looking straight at Sebas. "Great Peregrine Sebas, are you sure you can live peacefully while continuously hiding? How long do you think you can hide? Aside from your stifled magical powers which could lead to either destruction or death, your time is already ticking."

Sebas was now truly certain that the Mistress was well aware of his past and other information about him. After all, weren't he was in this place for some in-depth information that he needed? It would be a shame if the head of the most powerful intelligence agency won't be able to match with the known prestige of the Blossom Room.

Gazing upon those glittery and enchanting eyes of the Mistress that held a certain sternness, coldness, and sharpness, and upon listening to what the Mistress has just said, Sebas could feel the weight and the gravity of every spoken word.

Sebas was, of course, the only person who clearly knew of his situation and condition. Although he regarded the duke as his best companion and more than a master whom he could trust and depend upon, Sebas could not and would not be able to casually bring himself to speak of his other worries and cares. Thus, even the duke didn't know that he was actually a person in hiding, or rather, a fugitive.

Duke Calex only knew that Sebas fled from a faraway kingdom because he was facing a formidable enemy back then.

The duke, considering his intellectual capacity, and his own sharpness and sense of propriety, might have known or have an inkling about Sebas, but back then and even until now, the duke didn't press on further to hear more from Sebas.

After all, the duke knew that everyone has their own deep secrets that could not be shared with just anyone, even with the person whom you trusted the most.

But to think that the Mistress of the Blue Ray Wizard Tower was casually laying his dark past out in the open, Sebas could not help but frown and be uncomfortable. He was even reminded of his past, making him subconsciously release the aura that made him appear gloomier and colder.

"Think about it, Sebas. Are you going to run and hide for the rest of your forsaken life?" Mistress Allieah asked. She was clearly sensing everything about Sebas. And right now, she knew that her words were getting through the thick skull of the Great Peregrine.

Taking her cup, she took another sip. "Who knows? With your situation and impending self-destruction, even the duke and his plans might be compromised," Mistress Allieah added.

Not hearing a response from the slightly dazed and frowning Sebas, Mistress Allieah snapped her fingers.

An envelope appeared in front of Sebas. It fell on the table right in front of him.

Sebas was brought back to the reality because of the sudden appearance of the envelope.

"I know you need time to think about everything. Although you only have a bit of it left, you can certainly still spare some of it to think about what we've spoken here today," said Mistress Allieah.

Sebas picked up the brown envelope. He knew what could be inside of it. Still, he had to make sure. Thus, Sebas opened it right in front of the Mistress and peaked on what was inside of it.

After seeing a glimpse of the content of what was inside, Sebas looked up to the Mistress. His dark eyes were reflecting his doubt and confusion and even a bit of surprise.

"I believe this is what you came for in the first place," Mistress Allieah said. Her words were the confirmation.

"Although you offended me, I am not someone who takes pleasure in inflicting pain and executing punishment. Besides, business is still business."

"Thank you, Mistress," said Sebas. He didn't really expect that he would be able to obtain the information he needed. After all, he was even made to kneel and thrown across the room just a while ago.

Sebas might have a favorable impression now towards the Mistress.

However, the Mistress spoke once again, and her next words almost made Sebas go back on his favorable impression of the Mistress.

"Just pay up double the amount of the original fee. This lady here will not give you any interest for your impudence, but I will not also give you a discount nor leave you unscathed," said Mistress Allieah. She even cast a glare toward Sebas to emphasize the significance of her words.

Sebas sneered on the inside. Double the amount?

Everyone knew how expensive the amount of service from Blossom Room was, depending on the depths of the information needed or the status of the person needed to be investigated.

And to pay up double the amount of the original fee, although the person needed to be investigated was not of someone important, because they needed an in-depth investigation, the total amount needed for the service was definitely not just amount of money. Sebas was a bit troubled. He obviously didn't want to spend that much just for a nobody.

If only the duke didn't need to know more about that person...

In the end, Sebas could only sigh.

"Mistress, we can pay according to your desire. However, this humble one was not fully prepared. I only came with the original amount for service fee," Sebas frankly said.

Mistress Allieah coldly raised an eyebrow at Sebas, as if displeased on how he would not be able to pay up right away.

"Then, must I come with you at the Duke of Kargaz estate to collect the full payment from you?" she asked.

"No need to trouble the Mistress," Sebas denied right away. "If I may, I will contact the estate right away and instruct someone to send the remaining amount needed," he said.

"Mm, that is settled then," Mistress Allieah hummed in approval as she stood from her seat.

"Leave the first payment here and get out now. You should wait outside. My subordinate will be the one to collect the remaining fee from you," Mistress Allieah instructed.

Sebas nodded and stood as well. He understood all too well now that the Mistress was a busy person and could not be easily bothered.

"Thank you for your time, Mistress. It is truly a delight of mine. Then, I will leave first," said Sebas as he slightly bowed as a gesture of respect before he courteously excused himself.

However, before Sebas could close the door behind him, the mystifying voice of Mistress Allieah sounded once again, "Don't forget to keep well whatever treasure you have in your hand right now. I tell you, without it, demise will come at you right away."

Then, the door closed on its own, leaving Sebas standing outside the room.

_______
A/n: And that's chapter 33 for y'all my dear readers! Don't forget to vote and comment down your thoughts! I would truly appreciate it :)

And just a reminder, my little guessing game is still ongoing. If you are interested, please check out the author's note in Chapter 31. You may comment down your guesses/answers on that thread.

I'll be pretty busy next week with some real-life matters. But anyway, I'll continue to write every now and then and update as usual.

Hope y'all are safe!

Xoxo!

🖤 Elle Dee