𝕤𝕚𝕩𝕥𝕪

February 14, 2006

Mikey's POV

It's been a few days after Y/n said she'll be the new head of their Yakuza group, I was invited to her initiating ceremony.

Together with Tatsuya-san, we are standing outside a tall door that leads to the ceremony hall.

"Hold your head up with confidence, Manjiro. These people will also be your people when the time comes. Show them how you are worthy to be by my daughter's side." He said as the doors finally opened, many people were watching us enter.

They all bowed at a 90 degrees angle as I followed behind him.

I walked with confidence as I can see some people glancing and whispering about me.

I only had a neutral expression as I continue to follow Tatsuya-san in the middle of the hall.

After a moment, it was Y/n's turn to enter the hall.

People didn't bow but they were silent and stood straight as she strode down the path.

She wore a black kimono that was long enough to touch the floor. It was adorned with gold embroidery of flowers and dragons. Her hair was held by a white lotus hair ornament.

Her face had a slight touch of make-up that highlights her beauty even more.

Behind her, Taiju, Inui, and Koko were following.

In my eyes, it was like she was walking down the aisle to me. My chest felt warm as I thought of her in white as she approach me. I will make sure to see that happen if it's the last thing I do.

In the middle hall, a table for two was set. Tatsuya-san sat down on one side as Y/n sat on the other.

I was beside the three who followed her in front of the crowd. The ceremony started with a bit of a talk between them.

Soon, a server put a bottle of sake and two porcelain cups. Tatsuya-san poured Y/n's cup as she politely received the drink.

After sharing a toast, they both drank their drink and finished the cup of alcohol in one drink.

When the server took the bottle and cups away, Tatsuya-san called someone who came in with a box in a red pillow.

"I've never thought that you're going to be the matriarch at this age. I know that you've been working hard to come this far, and that is something I've always been proud of." Tatsuya-san as he takes the box and placed it in the middle of the table.

"This is the ring that every leader of this group has ever worn. The last person to wear this was your mother and today it's your turn." He said as he opened it.