𝕠𝕟𝕖

The year 2017

Mikey's POV

I'm standing at the top of the building, staring down at the busy city. People walk by and the city lights illuminate the cold night.

The breeze made my hair flow west. After shooting my old friend, it's time for me to follow him.

I've protected the good future that wanted as promised, I'm so tired.

I had so many regrets, many of the ones I loved died because of me.

So much for being invincible, I can't even protect them with my strength.

People started to notice me and I even see Sanzu in the crowd. He stands out after all. He's crazy but he's loyal to me. However his presence can't fill my empty heart, no one in Bonten can.

Right, the only person that was always trying to fix my broken self was my first and last love.

"Y/n.." I muttered

When was the last time I visited her grave? She probably hates me now.

She'd scold me for the bad thing I've committed up until now.

I laughed proudly one last time like I used to do back then. And jumped.

Falling down seems slow and when I closed my eyes I can see them

My brother tinkered with his bike like usual. His greased face can be seen with a smile.

My sister cooks food in the kitchen. She has the face that she makes when I wake up late.

Baji, my childhood friend, has the usual grin that he makes when he tries to challenge me in the dojo.

And lastly, Y/n, she looks beautiful as ever, she's wearing a white flowy dress. Her h/l h/c hair also flows beautifully.

She has the usual soft smile that she wears when she looks at me. I missed that so much.

In a soft voice, she called out to me. "Jiro," she said with a soft smile.

I'm sorry Y/n, everyone, I'll soon be with you

I'm waiting for the impact to come but it never came. Instead, my arm was held by my old friend, Takemichi.

"Let me go, Takemichi."

"I'm not letting you die. I'll save you, grab my hand. I can't hold you any longer."

"It's no use, you can't travel back again right?"

"Just say "save me" damnit!"

"What's the point, I lost the ones I loved anyways. Just let go and let me meet them."

He didn't answer and my hand slowly slipped off. I guess he passed out of bleeding.

"I'm sorry Takemichi, I'll see you in the afterlife."

I wish I could see you, Y/n.

I reached the ground and everything went black.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Jiro"

Y/n? Are you here? I'm sorry I broke our promise.

"Jiro"

Can we even stay together after the sins I've made?

"Jiro!"

I opened my eyes and I'm suddenly on Baji's back. Y/n was beside us wearing an annoyed expression.

"You don't have to shout Y/n. My ears will bleed." Baji said

"I was worried, usually he woke up after my first call." Y/n said

I was in shock, my eyes are wide and tears are starting to come out.

"Am... am I dead?" I mumbled

"Huh? What are you talking about Mikey?" Baji said

"Then, am I dreaming?" I mumbled again.

"Are you alright Jiro? Did you eat an expired dorayaki?" Y/n asked

"But you guys were dead." I said and a tear finally left my eye.

"Did you have a bad dream while taking a nap?" Y/n asked in worry as she spread her arms wide.

I remember this, she used to do this to comfort me. Without a second thought, I jumped down from Baji's back and run into her arms.

I missed this too, she always makes me feel safe and sound.

"Jeez, you're already 12 and you still have nightmares? Lame." Baji said.

"Nightmares does not choose any age, Kei." Y/n said.

"Stop babying him N/n, that's why he's always childish." Baji said

"But he is my baby, he's cute when he's childish." Y/n said.

"Eww, get a room." Baji replied

After a while their words sunk in my mind.

12? I'm 12? what does he mean? I'm already 27. Now that I look at it, they look younger before they died.

"Mikey, stop hugging your wife, and let's go. The others are waiting at the shrine." Baji said

"Huh? Why are we here?" I asked

"Jiro, you said that we'll plan our attack on the black dragons. They attacked Kazu-chan last June remember?" Y/n said

"Huh? When did I say that? What's the date today anyway?" I asked

"You said it yesterday. It's August 1, 2003." Baji said

"Are you really okay? What's wrong?" Y/n asked.

"Yeah! Let's go, we can't keep them waiting." I said with a smile and grabbed her hand.

"Oi, wait for me! Jeez, this is why I hate being the third wheel." Baji said

I looked up ahead and I can also see the others waiting.

If this is a dream I don't want to wake up again.

« ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ »