Chapter 19: Get This Started

I blinked my eyes a few times, as I felt like I could not help but to do that over and over again, due to the fact that it seemed like the air was quite a bit dry right at this very moment in time as well, as it was drying my eyes out quite a bit, at that, none the less, which did in fact kind of annoy me quite a bit if I was going to be for real with my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I hoped that it was not going to be this way on the entire journey.
I was quite a bit glad, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as to the fact that I knew that every thing was going to be okay, and that I was not going to get in trouble for the fact that I had in fact brought up Kristin, as I did not realize that I would get in trouble if I talked about her, as I was glad that none of these guys that were with me right now were going to snitch on me at all, so long as it was that I stayed on their good side at the very least.
I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now once again, as I kind of just shook my head quite a bit to my self all of the sudden, as I got my eyes on just what it was that was going on in front of me right at this very moment in time too, as we continued to head down the road that was in front of us.
The group, and the guys that we were with right now, had chained up a couple of the dead, and had cut open their jaws, so that they were not able to bite in to us what so ever, as they simply were walking with us right now, as I knew that it did in fact make me feel quite a bit uncomfortable right now, just as it was clear that it had my father a little bit off, all at the exact same time too, none the less, as I did my best to try to calm my self down once again, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now.
I knew why they had the dead with us right now, as it was due to the fact that it would mean that the real dead that were walking past us would not notice us, and would not think twice about us, so long as we weren't doing any thing stupid like shooting our guns out in the air, all at the exact same time as well. If I was not going to lie to my self either, I kind of felt like we should be killing the dead right now, all at the exact same time as well, as I had brought that up to them, all at the exact same time too, at that.
Though, they all had made quite a bit of a fair point on the fact that they had said that it would get really dangerous, and it would be a waste of ammo for one thing, that would only bring more of the dead on us. Also the fact that they had said that we could get killed if we used melee weapons, and the fact that they had told me that it was going to slow us down a ton, all at the exact same time as well, if it was that we were going to kill them all.
I don't know what it was, but some thing just felt quite a bit wrong with what it was that we were doing right now, as it kind of felt like we were using the dead as slaves right at this very moment in time too, as I just did my best to try to calm my self down, as I knew that these used to be people, but I had to realize that they were not people any more, and that they were a bit of some different creatures, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, once again.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to get my mind, and to try to get my focus off of all of the rest of that other shit that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, as I then all of the sudden began to start to get my mind, and I began to start to get my focus on the fact that had to do with the fact that there were people that were talking from up front, ahead of me, all at the exact same time as well, as I then began to start to get my eyes, and I began to start to get my ears on just what it was that they even had to say in the very first place any ways.
It was Cody that was speaking right at this very moment in time too, as I had finally gotten used to the fact as to just who was who, as they had a little bit of a difference between the both of them that let me know the difference between the 2, even though I knew that they were doing in on purpose to make sure that it was hard to notice the difference, due to the fact that they were wearing the exact same clothes, all at the exact same time as well, which was in fact quite a bit annoying if I was in fact going to be for real with my self, once again.
It had been all jokes and games for them at first, but now that it was that we had in fact gotten later in to the day, once again, it was clear that every one was now starting to take this quite a bit seriously, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear to me that the biker gang that we were about to roll up on right now, was not any sort of joke, or any thing to be messing around with, all at the exact same time as well, as I kind of gulped all of the sudden, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down all of the sudden, once again, at that.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I just seemed to stare at Cody, even though I knew that his head, and his eyes were not in my direction at all right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, as I could clearly see, that he was having, and he was paying attention as to just what it was that he was even staring at right at this very moment in time as well, which I did not have a single clue as to just what it was that it could be, if I was going to be for real with my self.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at once, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts, all at the exact same time as well, at that, none the less, as I then all of the sudden began to start to listen as to just what it was that Cody even had to say to us all in the very first place any ways once again, as soon as it was that he had in fact began to start to continue to speak to us all, all at once, once again.
"Alright, there is a trail that is in the woods not all too far away from us that we are going to stay the night at... It is best to go ahead and start to get ready to go in to there, that way we can have the traps set up during the night, just in case, before it gets too dark..." He said to us all, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to remember as to the fact that the sun was in fact going down right now, and it was clear that we needed to find shelter before it was that the night time was to come, as I knew that the dead were a lot stronger, and they were in fact a lot faster in the night, all at the exact same time too.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, once again, as I then all of the sudden just began to start to get my mind, and my focus on the fact that I saw that the sun was no where to be seen in the sky, as it was clear that it had dipped below the trees, meaning that we were about to run out of time, all at the exact same time too.
I did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, as I could tell that every one else was fine, and every one else was calm right now, even my father much to my surprise, as I saw that every one did in fact seem to start to nod back to Cody, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see that Cody and his twin brother Martin then all of the sudden began to start to head on to the side of the road all of the sudden, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I watched as the group that was all around me right now began to start to follow the both of them, as I then began to start to do the exact same thing that I saw that the rest of them were in fact doing right at this very moment in time any ways, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as I got my mind, and I got my focus on the fact that I knew that I had to do as to just what it was that they were doing all of the sudden, as I then began to start to head off the side of the road.
Just as soon as it was that it had felt like we were on the side of the road right now, that was when we then all of the sudden began to start to head in to the woods, just as it was that Cody had told us to do, as I saw the trail that he had in fact been speaking of at that, none the less, as I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh of some sort of relief to my self all of the sudden, as I was starting to feel quite a bit better about all of this, all at the exact same time too.
Just as soon as it was that we had got in to the woods, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to see that Anderson was now right in front of me, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as it was clear that he was trying to stop me for some odd reason or another, as he then all of the sudden began to start to nod to me, all at once, to let me know that he was in fact about to go right on ahead and start to speak to me, at that none the less.
I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was going on right now, as I saw that my father was right beside me right now, and he was looking just as confused as I was, as it was clear that he had stopped the both of us for a good reason. I blinked my eyes a few times, as I began to start to nod to Anderson, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that my father did the exact same thing that I did, as soon as it was that he had in fact seen me do it, as the both of us did in fact let Anderson know that we were in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he was even about to go right on ahead and say to the both of us.
I did my best to try to keep my self calm in the mean time, as I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh to my self all of the sudden, as I then did in fact begin to start to hear Anderson go right on ahead and start to speak to the both of us, all at once, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he was even about to say to the both of me and my father, all at the exact same time too, none the less.
"Alright... I was the one who convinced Harold to let you guys out... So I want you to be on the best behaviour while you are here, and don't try to run out please... I don't want to get in to any trouble..." He said to the both of us, as I saw that he had quite a bit of a scared, and quite a bit of a worried look on his face, as to just what it was that he had even said to the both of me and my father, all at the exact same time as well, as that kind of cut out any and all of the ideas that I had been thinking on, on trying to run off.
I knew that Anderson was quite a bit of a good guy, and I really did not want to get him in any trouble, and I for sure did not want him to get killed, as I did in fact feel like he was quite a bit of a good friend of mine, as he had in fact helped me through all of the stuff that we had been through whilst I had been at the prison, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I really did not want to betray the trust of such a good friend like Anderson was, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I saw that me and my father did in fact both nod back to Anderson all of the sudden, to let him know that the both of us had in fact just heard as to what it was that he had even said to the both of us in the very first place any ways once again, which was of course the fact that he had told us, just as a good friend would do for us, that he had been the one that had in fact managed to convince Harold to let us out of the cells, and to let us out of the prison that we had been stuck in, at that.
As much as I felt like it was a lot safer in there, if I was not going to lie to my self either, I also knew that it was for sure good to just get a good breath of fresh air, all at the exact same time as well, out side of the prison, as it kind of felt like it was quite a bit of a hell hole in there, as most of the people that were in fact in the prison with us, just so happened to all be men practically, all at the exact same time as well, as I would say that over 90% of the people that were in there were in fact men, once again.
I was not all too sure if that was due to the fact that women were less likely to survive the apocalypse that had in fact happened a while ago, due to the fact that they really did not know how to survive stuff like this, such as most men did compared to the women, or if it were just due to the fact that women were not wanting to go in to a place like the one that I was in right at this very moment in time as well, none the less.
Though, if I thought back on all of this just a little bit more, than I would come to realize, that I really did not have all too much of a choice on whether or not it was that I had wanted to go in or not, as I knew that I had a choice on the fact on whether or not it was that I wanted to trust Kristin and I wanted to follow her, but at the exact same time as well, I also kind of knew that I was a bit blind to the new world, and I did not know all of the tricks that people liked to pull on one another now a days.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now, as I then all of the sudden saw that the 2 men that were in fact with me just a few moments before, were now no where to be seen around me, as I began to start to freak out, and I began to start to panic at first.
It was as if I had thought that I had in fact missed some thing that was very important, and that the dead had managed to get to them some how, but they had not managed to get to me what so ever, which I knew did not make any sort of sense at all, as I just kind of shook my head a bit heavily to my self all at once, as I began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking once again.
I saw that my friend Anderson, and also my father was not all too far away from me right now, as I noticed that they had simply gone out in to the woods that were in fact right in front of me right at this very moment in time as well, as I blinked my eyes a few times all of the sudden, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to follow them, as to where ever it was that they were even trying to head off over to right at this very moment in time any ways, once again.
Though I suppose that it was fairly obvious as to just where it was that they were trying to go right now, as I knew that it was the camp ground, or the place that we were about to set up our tents in the woods, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that there were going to be 3 tents, as there was going to be one for the 2 of both me and my father, and then one for the twins, and I felt quite a bit bad for Anderson if I was not going to lie to my self either, as to the fact that he had to share a tent with Donald.
I kind of rolled my eyes a bit to my self, as I just kept on going down the trail that was in front of me right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I did as such a thing, never the less, as I was not all too sure as to just what it was that was even going on with me right at this very moment in time too, and just what it was that my thoughts seemed to be stuck on right at this very moment in time as well, once again.
I kind of just shook my head a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see that the twins, and also Donald, as of course he was the easiest one to see through all of the trees right at this very moment in time as well, as that was of course due to the fact as to just how big the guy even was, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden kind of just shook my head a bit to my self all at once, as I then stopped my self with my father and with Anderson, all at the exact same time as well, as we kind of just stood there and stared at the both of the people that were the twins of course, as they were the ones that had made these plans in the very first place any ways, after all.
As the twins began to start to realize as to just what it was that was even going on right now in the very first place any ways, once again, they then all of the sudden began to start to nod to us as a little bit of a response, as they then all of the sudden began to drop their bags on the ground, which I did not have a single clue as to just what it was that they were even doing right at this very moment in time any ways, if I was going to be for real with my self once again.
I just did my best to try to keep my self as calm as I felt like I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, as I just then all of the sudden began to start to hear Martin, at least I was sure that was Martin that was in fact speaking right at this very moment in time as well, as I blinked my eyes a few times, and I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to turn my head over towards him all of the sudden, as I stared at the guy right in to his eyes for the time being once again, as I was not all too sure as to just what else it was that I should really even be doing right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways.
As I stared at the guy right in to his eyes, I then all of the sudden began to start to nod to him, all at the exact same time as well, even though I knew that the guy did not have his eyes on me at all right at this very moment in time in the very first place any ways, as he was clearly looking at the most important person, which just so happened to be Anderson right now, as I knew that he was in fact the leader of just all that was even going on right at this very moment in time any ways.
Either way, it still kind of made me feel a little bit better at the very least, to know that I had in fact done as such a thing like that, all at the exact same time as well, as I knew that it at least let my self know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he was even about to say to every one that was all around us right at this very moment in time, in the very first place any ways, once again, none the less.
As I seemed to just stare at the guy for a little bit longer, he then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to continue to speak to all of us once again, as I then did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to all of that were even here with him right at this very moment in time, once again.
"Alright... Me and Cody will go ahead and set up the traps... You all set up the tents for us... You've got the easier part of this, so no complaining please..." Martin said, as it was clear that I was in fact right with just who it was that was who when it came to the twins, as it was clear that thankfully, they were in fact being serious right now, as I almost expected his brother to go right on ahead and tell us that he was Martin, and that Cody was talking to him self right now.
How ever, that luckily enough did not seem to be the case what so ever, as I let out quite a bit of a soft sigh of some relief to my self all at once, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts, as I then began to start to think on just what it was, and just who it was that he had been talking to on the fact that he had told us that he did not want to hear any sort of complaints what so ever, all at the exact same time as well.
I wondered at first if he might be talking about me and my father, due to the fact that we were new to all of this, but when I looked over at Martin, I noticed that he did not have his eyes squinted at me or my father at all right at this very moment in time either, as it was clear that he had his eyes squinted at Donald, as I began to start to remember that he had been complaining about the twins practically the entire day, as I knew that he did not like them all too much.
Though I felt like that was a lot due to the fact that he did not like the fact that the twins always liked to mess with him and they always liked to pick on him, all at the exact same time as well, as I felt like I could not blame the poor guy for it at all. I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of those other thoughts that I had in fact been thinking on long before now once again.
Donald either did not seem to notice as to the fact that Martin was staring at him right at this very moment in time at all, or he just did not seem to care a single bit what so ever, as I saw that Donald simply just began to start to go right on ahead and start to set up his own tent that he was going to be staying in with Anderson this night, all at the exact same time as well, as I once again kind of felt quite a bit bad for Anderson, once again.
I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of the rest of that, as I then all of the sudden began to start to see that Anderson was in fact getting the tents ready for the both of the twins right at this very moment in time too, as I then all of the suden began to start to realize as to just what it was that I should be doing right at this very moment in time as well, as I knew that I needed to help my father set up our own tents, which luckily should be easy, due to the fact that I knew that my father used to go hiking all of the time.
I breathed in quite a bit heavily to my self all of the sudden, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of that all at once, as I then all of the sudden began to start to turn my head over to my father all of the sudden, as I then did in fact begin to start to hear him begin to speak to me, as I blinked my eyes a few times, and I did in fact stare at my father right in to his eyes, as I saw him nod to me, to make sure that I was with him, and I was well aware of what it was that was even going on right at this very moment in time any ways.
As I seemed to just notice him do as such a thing, I then began to start to realize that the both of us did in fact need to hurry and get all of this started if we wanted to be able to go and do this all again, as I blinked my eyes a few times, and I then all of the sudden began to start to nod back to my father all of the sudden, to let him know, that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he was even about to get on ahead and say to me, all at the exact same time too.
My father still did not seem to be all too sure about me, but in the end thankfully enough, he did in fact begin to start to speak to me finally, as I then did in fact do my best to try to calm my self down as best as I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he was even about to have to say to me in the very first place any ways, none the less.
"Alright... Let's go ahead and get this started..."