Chapter 1: Getting Worse

'Cough cough cough'... That was all that it seemed like I had heard all night, as I kind of wished that I could just go to my room, that was all the way on the other side of the house, and go sleep in there, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, as it was in fact really getting on my nerves, all at the exact same time too, as it seemed like I could not get any sort of sleep either.
Though, I knew that it was more than likely not the best idea to sleep either, as I was worried that I might not be able to hear him if he needed help. He had needed help quite a bit, all at the exact same time too, as he would always need a fresh bottle to piss in for one thing, not to mention when ever it was that he shit, as I always had to clean up that mess, all at the exact same time too.
I some times wished that he would just die, if I was not going to lie to my self either, as I had thought the dark thoughts of suffocating him with a pillow, all at the exact same time as well. There was not much left in this world for him to live for, for one thing, and I also knew that his life had been miserable, ever since it seemed like the world had gone to shit, all at the exact same time too.
Hell... All of our lives had, but for him he was the worst, as he was still praising that precious Bible that he always seemed to have around with him, all at the exact same time too. I will not lie, it was in fact true about how it was that the world was ended, the way he described it to me, but we had still yet to see the anti Christ, or any Christ what so ever, all at the exact same time too, ever since this had all happened.
It seemed like there was just no such sign of life on this planet what so ever, as we had not seen a single person in over a year, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. I felt like we very well might possibly could be the last people that were left alive on this planet, all at the exact same time as well, as the thought of that did in fact make me breath in quite a bit to my self, as well.
It was for sure what my grand father seemed to think, as he had told us that Noah's ark was planned to not have any children on it, but he did the wrong sin, and he let more children be born on to this world, all at the exact same time as well, none the less. It made me feel sick, as to the stories that he told me, as I just hated to hear them, as they seemed to just be so dark, and so depressing, and I already had enough in my life as it was already, all at the exact same time as well.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I stared at the ceiling that was above me on the couch, all at the exact same time too, as I remembered that my father had said he should be back by tonight, but at worst, he might have to hide the night some where, if he could not find what it was that he needed to help his father, all at the exact same time as well, too. It was not the fact that I was worried for him what so ever... It was more just the fact that I did not want to take care of his father any longer.
I sighed a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden heard another heavy cough come from the other room, all at once, that made me jump a little bit, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden shivered a bit, all at once, as well, as I did my best to try my best to calm my self down, all at once.
As I laid on the couch for a little bit longer, wishing I had at the very least, had some thing to mess around with, I then all of the sudden saw a bunch of noise start to come from my grand father's room, all at the exact same time too, that seemed to get my attention, all at once, as I did not have a clue as to just what it was that was going on right now, nor did I have a clue as to just what it was that he was even doing in his bed room right now, either.
I let out a bit of a soft groan, as it was clear to me that he was awake at the very least, meaning that he was more than likely going to ask for some water, all at the exact same time too, as I went ahead and got my self ready for that, and I got my self prepared for that, all at the exact same time too, as I lifted my self up a bit from the couch, all at once, as I then looked over to where it was that his bed room was even at right at this very moment in time any ways, none the less.
I rolled my eyes a bit, until all of the sudden, I heard a loud screech seem to come from the room, all at the exact same time as well, that seemed to all of the sudden grab my attention, as it scared me quite a bit, none the less, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as it seemed like it had been the sound of glass breaking, all at the exact same time as well.
At first, I was a little bit scared the some one was trying to break in to our house, until I remembered that we were in fact the last people on earth for one thing, after all, and also the fact that I also knew that the sound had come from in side of his bed room, all at the exact same time too, as I let out a bit of a soft sigh to my self, all at once, as I then all of the sudden lifted my self up from the couch, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to head over to his room, all at the exact same time as well, to see what was going on in there.
As I began to slowly walk over to the room, I then all of the sudden seemed to hear moans and groans from my grand father, all at the exact same time too, that at first, seemed to be the sounds that the dead had made, all at the exact same time too, as I shivered at the thought of that, all at the exact same time as well, as I stopped my self in the middle of the hall way, all at once, as I was not all too sure if I dared to go in to that room right now.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I moved my self around a bit, all at the exact same time too, and I then all of the sudden began to hear the voice of some one from in side of the room, all at the exact same time too, that almost seemed to be a whisper of the voice of my grand father, all at the exact same time as well. I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh of relief, all at the exact same time too, as I was not really glad that he was okay, as I was simply more just glad for my own sake, that he was not one of the dead.
I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to pay attention as to just what it was that he was even saying in the very first place any ways, as it was clear that he was trying to speak to me, to get my attention, as I then all of the sudden began to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, never the less.
"London... Come on here... I need to take a piss!" He said to me, as it was quite a bit of some vulgar language for an old man to be saying all the exact same time as well. I was used to it at this point how ever, as my father had been the same way when I had been growing up, which I remember had in fact upset my mother quite a bit, all at the exact same time too, when I had been very young, as I used to go to elementary school saying the same words that my father said, and it would get me in a lot of trouble, never the less, as well.
I sighed, as now that I came to think back on it, those were not sad memories at all, what so ever, as those were actually good memories, if I was going to be for real with my self, as I knew that it was back in the time where my father was actually some what happy, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that he had never really been the same since then, all at the exact same time as well, never the less, either.
I sighed a bit to my self, as I then all of the sudden got my mind, and I got my focus off of all of those thoughts, as I knew that it brought a smile to my face to think back on the times that I had back then, all at the exact same time too. I did not like to have a smile on my face what so ever, how ever, as I then all of the sudden turned that smile in to a frown, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that there was no point, and that there was no use in thinking back on when life had been some what okay for me.
It was never going to be that way for me ever again, and it was time for me to get over that at this point, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I then headed in to the room that my grand father was laying in, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to keep a good and blank look on my face, as I did as such a thing, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as soon as it was that I got through the front door of the bed room, all at the exact same time too, as I stared at my grand father, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that he was simply laying in bed, but at the very least, he did in fact have his head lifted up, to look at me when ever it was that I was coming in to the room, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that he did not seem to be all too happy to see my face.
It was one of the reasons that I did not like the man all too much, as it never made all too much sense to me, as to why it was that he treated me like shit, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that I did not do all too much around the house, but he had always been that way, even before it was that the world had gotten to the way that it was now a days, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I was not all too sure as to just why it was that he treated me like that, as for one thing, I knew that I was his only grand child, all at the exact same time too. There was also the fact that it was not like I had been a failure, what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, as I actually had a scholarship to Applachian State, all at the exact same time as well, before all of this had all of the sudden seemed to happen all of the sudden, all at once.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to just try to stay calm, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden remembered as to just what it was that he had asked me for, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden nodded to my self, all at once, and I then began to start to grab one of the bottles that were near by, that he always had to piss out of, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
Once I had gotten a clean and fresh bottle for him to get nasty, all at the exact same time too, I then all of the sudden began to start to walk over to just where it was that my grand father was laying down on the bed at, all at the exact same time as well. I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I rolled my eyes a little bit, as soon as I got close to him.
He did not seem to notice it what so ever, probably for the better for me at the very least, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden nodded to the old man, as soon as it was that I got close to him, all at the exact same time too, to let him know that I was about to go on ahead and speak to him, all at the exact same time too, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to keep my self calm, none the less.
The old man seemed to stare at me for quite a bit of some time, but in the end, he seemed to wake him self up a bit, all at the exact same time too, as he did in fact nod back to me at the very least, to let me know that he was in fact paying attention to me, all at the exact same time as well. I breathed in a bit softly to my self, all at once, and I then did in fact now begin to start to speak to him, all at once, now that it was that I knew that he was in fact listening as to just what it was that I even had to say to him in the very first place any ways, none the less.
"You want me to get you some water while you are at?" I said to him, as I did my best to try to stay as calm as I possibly could, all at the exact same time too, which was a bit of a hard thing for me to do, when ever it was that I even talked to the old man in the very first place any ways. That was due to the fact that I really just did not like him all too much, all at the exact same time too how ever, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, once again, to try to keep my self calm still.
I then handed the bottle to the old man, all at once, to let him know that he could go on ahead and take a piss, all at the exact same time as well. The old man did in fact nod back to me, all at the exact same time as well, as he then began to start to pull out his dong, all at the exact same time too, as I quickly then began to start to look away from the old man, all at once, as I did not want to see his penis right now, all at the exact same time too.
Once I heard the cup stop being filled with piss, I then waited for a few moments, until I felt like it was safe for me to turn around, all at the exact same time as well, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I got my mind, and I got my focus off of the thoughts that I knew that my grand father was going to die soon, unless it was that my father was going to come back, all at the exact same time as well.
I still had a bit of a strange feeling when it came to my father, if I was not going to lie to my self either, but I did my best to also get my mind, and get my focus off of all of those thoughts as well, as I then all of the sudden began to start to breath in quite a bit to my self, all at once, and I then nodded to my self, all at the exact same time as well, as I then looked back at my grand father, all at the exact same time too.
For some odd reason or another, he had a bit of a smile on his face, all at the exact same time too, which I was not all too sure as to just why it was that it was even the case in the very first place any ways, when I knew that he clearly felt like shit, and life was not being kind to him what so ever, right at this very moment in time too. I blinked my eyes a few times, and I then all of the sudden tilted my head over to him, all at the exact same time as well, until I eventually just kind of gave up on all of that, and I then all of the sudden turned my head to what it was that he was staring at right now any ways.
I then all of the sudden began to start to notice that it was a picture of his family reunion that we had a very long time ago, all at the exact same time as well, back when it was that not only was a first born, but my mother was still alive for one thing, and also my grand mother was still alive, as I saw her bald head in the picture that she had, as it was clear that she had just gone through chemo, all at the exact same time as well.
I saw a happy family, as even I, as a little kid none the less, also did in fact have a bit of a smile on my face, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear that life was good for the family back then, all at the exact same time too. Life had taken a turn for the worse, all at the exact same time too, as it all just seemed to be going down hill from there, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that my grand mother had died not all too long after the chemo that she had, none the less.
Also, the fact that my mother had died not all too much longer after that too, as it was a bit sad, and it was a bit painful to look back on that, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden shook my head, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to get my focus off of all of those thoughts all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I instead got my focus on the fact that I had to just keep on going on with my life.
Even if there was not much left, surely there was a reason that I was still alive, right? I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as best as I could, as I then all of the sudden saw that my grand father was now all of the sudden looking back over to me, all at the exact same time too, as I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once.
In the end how ever, I did in fact look back over to my grand father, all at the exact same time as well, as I saw that the smile that he had on his face before hand, was now gone, and he was back to the same lousy and lonely old man that he normally was, all at the exact same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to get my focus off of the thoughts that I had been thinking on before hand, all at the exact same time as well.
I knew that I had to be strong for this old man right now, as I knew that as much as I said I was not a big fan of him, I still knew that he was my grand father, and I still knew that I loved him all the same, never the less. I did not want to deal with the fact of losing another loved one in my life, as I then breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, none the less.
My grand father seemed to just stare at me for a little bit longer, until not all too much longer after that, all at the exact same time too, I then all of the sudden saw him nod, all at the exact same time as well, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as best as I possibly could, all at the exact same time as well, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once, as I blinked my eyes a few times over towards him.
How ever, in the end, I did in fact nod back to the old man, all at the exact same time too, to let him know that I was in fact paying attention as to just what it was that he even had to say to me in the very first place any ways, never the less. It was clear that it had in fact made him feel a bit better, thankfully enough, as he then all of the sudden did begin to start to speak up to me, all at once, as quite a weak and raspy voice, as I did in fact begin to start to listen as to just what it was that he even had to say to me, in the very first place any ways, never the less, as well.
"Yes... I would like some water... Thank you London... I am sorry for being so mean to you... I do love you... I just see a lot of potential... It just seems like you have given up... It just frustrates me is all... But I really do love you..." He said to me, as I saw that he had a bit of a sad smile on his face, all at the exact same time too, as it was clear to me that he did in fact mean each and every word that he had even said to me in the very first place as well, as it cracked a bit of a sad smile on my own face, all at the exact same time too.
I looked at him for a few moments, as I was tempted to say that I loved him too back, all at the exact same time as well, as it seemed like it was the first time in my life that he had said that he had loved me, straight to my face, all at the exact same time as well. It hurt me as to the fact that it felt like, if he was telling me this now, than it was clear that he felt like he was on his last legs, and he did not want to end his life on a sad note what so ever, all at the exact same time too.
It scared me to think that he was going to die, as I already felt a bit lonely, and I felt a bit empty in side of my mind as it was right now. I was not all too sure as to just where it was that I would be, and what it was that I would do if he was gone, and it was just me and my father at this place, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at once.
I looked at my grand father for a little bit longer, as instead of the fact that I was going to say that I loved him as well, back to him, which was in fact true none the less, I simply just nodded, as I kept the same sad smile on my face, all at the exact same time as well, that I had long before now, all at once, never the less. I did my best to try to keep my self calm, as I hoped that he did not think that wrong thing about it what so ever, all at the exact same time as well, that I had not said it back to him, and I had just given him a simple nod, never the less.
I just did not want to say that I loved you back to him, due to the fact that I felt like, if I was to say as such a thing, all at the exact same time as well, than it felt like I was just giving up on him, and that I was pretty much saying that he was going to die, all at the exact same time as well. I really did not want to think those kind of thoughts, all at once, as I shook my head a bit to my self, all at once, and I then all of the sudden looked back over to my grand father, all at the exact same time as well, none the less.
I blinked my eyes a few times, as I saw that his eyes were not on me what so ever, all at the exact same time too, as I saw that he had his eyes closed, all at the exact sane time as well, as it was clear to me that he was trying to head to sleep, none the less, as I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I knew that there was nothing to be freaking out about right now, as it was clear that he was still breathing.
I let out quite a bit of a heavy sigh to my self, all at once, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden turned my head over to the big glass cup that was right by the bed side, all at the exact same time too, as I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self, all at once, as I then got my mind on the fact that I knew that I should leave so clean and fresh cold water by his bed side, in the case that he were to wake up in the middle of the night, all at the exact same time too.
I blinked my eyes a few times, all at once, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden nodded a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, as best as it felt like I could possibly do none the less, as I then all of the sudden lifted the glass up, getting ready to take it to the sink, so that I could give him a clean cup, all at the exact same time as well, none the less, all at once.
I breathed in quite a bit to my self, all at the exact same time too, as I did my best to try to calm my self down, all at the exact same time as well, as I then all of the sudden blinked my eyes a few times, and I then all of the sudden began to start to head over to the kitchen, as I began to start to head out of the bed room that I had even been in before now, all at the exact same time as well, never the less.
Just as it seemed like I was all the way out of the room, all at the exact same time too, that was when I then all of the sudden began to start to hear coughing coming from the bed side of my grand father, all at the exact same time too, as it seemed like these coughs were even worse, and they were even heavier than they had been before, all at the exact same time as well, as it was clear to me that my grand father did not have all too much time left, all at the exact same time too.
I breathed in quite a bit soft to my self this time, as I got my mind off of that, all at once, as I knew that there was not really all too much I could do in the very first place any ways, as I then all of the sudden just kept on walking out of the room that I was even in right now, all at the exact same time too, as I felt quite a bit empty in side, all at the exact same time as well. I stared down the hall way, all at once, as I continued to walk down it, all at once too, as I then all of the sudden began to start to speak to my self, all at the exact same time as well.
"Dad... Please be back soon..."