Chapter 68- Julian's POV

Start from the beginning

I didn't shout her name. He would have run away. Agea followed me close, whispering on the phone as I led us away from the red chaos. A crack creaked under my boot; I looked down. I recognized the custom purple iPhone case bathing in the moonlight. The screen was demolished. I picked up the little device, and it immediately crushed in my fingers.

"Is that Xemina's phone?" Agea covered her mouth and gasped. "What the fuck is happening?"

Mumbling sounds addressed my ear right behind the bush that hid the path to the library at night. The following events were blurry to me. It made you wonder if shit was a movie. The way I was jumping from scene to scene with little control. When I saw the shadows on the ground, I immediately recognized Xemina's silhouette. He was on top of her, and she wasn't moving. I acted out of emotions. I lost control of my actions, and I pressed the trigger. Agea's scream pierced my ear more than the bullet. He fell on the side, and right there, I had the privilege to empty the clip on him.

But you promised...

So I shot twice again.

"Julian s-she is not moving." Agea sobbed, sitting on the floor next to her, holding her head on her knee. She was shuddering. "She's n-not br-breathing."

The three words that made my heart squirm. All my human strength drained out of my body. I dropped to my knees in her pool of blood glimmering in the nightlight. Although I tried to breathe and pull myself together, I broke down. Every sense of awareness or intelligence escaped me. She was still bleeding. I lifted her shirt; my fingers were cold and shaking. I saw the wound gushing out blood, and all I could say was: "fuck imma lose her." I tore my shirt and pressed it against it. My shoulder shriveled from the cold, and my knees were soaked in blood.

"Go get help NOW!" I yelled at Agea. She jumped and fell back, nodding quiveringly before running away.

I pressed harder on the wound. I checked her pulse to feel nothing; She was cold.

"Come on, baby. You can't leave me out here like that. You can't! Fuck!" I shook her shoulder. Her face was barely recognizable. It was just a mass of blood and flesh.

"Forever together, remember? You can't, I need you. We have so much to do together. Open your fucking eyes!" The wind itching my face soaked in salty tears.

"You don't even know how to drive yet. How are you gonna fucking die and not know how to turn a wheel? Say something! Breathe!" I shook her violently. I didn't know for how long I was sobbing and begging for her life until the red and blue light swung us.

They peeled me off her. I didn't want to leave her side, but I guessed paramedics needed to do their job. I was furious they were helping the bastard. He was wailing like a bitch. I did hit him but I didn't know where? Why were they giving medical? I, multiple times, screamed to let him die. Two officers were trying to calm me down. In the heat of the moment, I punched one of them. The next thing I knew, four more pigs face-planked me on the ground. As much as I fought to get into the ambulance, they insisted I go to the police station. Agea reassured me she would stay with her. I watched her from the back of the police car, getting rolled inside of the ambulance. She was lying lifeless with tubes in her mouth.

The next thing I knew, I was in an interrogation room panicking. They gave me this black t-shirt that was too tight. My jeans and hands were stained with dry blood. I stridden around the room, my hands buried in my hair. My lips were dehydrated and salty. The room was too small, with a table and two chairs, a single lightbulb suspended from the low ceiling, and a large mirror that covered three-fourths of the wall opposite to me. The door was made with reinforced steel and had one handle from the outside. I was stuck.