Chapter 3

«Mieux vaut prévenir que guérir.»

«It is better to prevent than to heal.»
~~~

After my encounter with Julian, I rushed to class; it's embarrassing to be late. Mainly when all eyes are on you. Luckily, I got into it before the bell ring. I said good morning to my teacher and gaze for a place to sit down. In the back, I recognized Xavier, and my heart was shimmering!!! He saw me, and I galloped down the stairs to him. We gave each other the biggest hug.

Xavier was my friend since the first year. The gay sunshine that everyone wishes. He was a 5'9 skinny blonde with enormous blue eyes. He was a cheerful, funny, striking human. Every moment with him was fascinated with laughter. He and Thea are the only ones I had. We texted almost every day to keep me informed of what was happening at Trinity Fox. Seeing him brought joy to my heart. Having him and Thea present here, with me, made me feel more secure. I know they had my back, and we will be a terrific trio.

"I missed you so much" he squeezed me between his noodles arms.

"I missed you more, oh my God."

"I can't believe you here. I thought I lost you forever!"

We finished hugging and sat in the back of the room because we wanted to talk without getting caught by the teacher.

"Are you kidding? You can't get rid of me" I hit him jokingly.

"What happened? You told me that you were coming but not so fast."

"I know, I'm sorry. I got busy with a lot of things, but yeah, I arrived yesterday."

"I saw, girl, your video, you and Julian!!" he exclaimed and slapped his hand, causing the students to turned and stared at us. We gasped and used the notebooks to hide our faces, full of amusement.

"We going to talk about this later. How are you doing?" I averted the subject, I had enough of him for this morning, and I wanted to enjoy a peaceful day and forget about this mess for a while.

"Girl, I am doing good. I joined the swimming class but not for the competition, though. I'm not that athletic. I want to enjoy the pool."

I chuckled.

"You should join, and the boys are not that bad looking. Speaking of boys, how was San Francisco?"

"Urghh," I grumbled before taking out my pencil.

"That bad, Hunh?" He grimaced and took out a pencil to start writing notes.

"They are all assholes. Worst than here, these people gave me pain in the ass."

"You tell me," he sighed and rolled his eyes, "let me see your schedule. I hope we have the same classes."

I whipped out the paper they gave us earlier at the end of the ceremony from my bag. Xavier and I had classes together for three days, and same as Thea, we even had a day as a trio. The rest of the days, I was with one or the other.

We quieted for the rest of the course and listened to the professor. Half of the day passed with Xavier, and I was going to class and chatting about our year separated. It was time for lunch. We waited for Thea at the entry of her building. She met Xavier, and they instantly had good chemistry. I was glad that they get along with each other because that would have been awkward.

We headed to the dining hall. The variety of food on this school menu was astronomical, which is the only thing I think I missed. Xavier and I got Turkish rice, chicken, and veggie pakoras with a strawberry smoothie. Thea got a chicken salad with some Boujee Eggs and a shake. We sat at a table in the far left of the door.