Chapter 61

⚠️Warning this chapter may be triggering, as it mentioned suic!de⚠️
~~~~~

I reviewed my cart one last time. I checked out fifty-one items one by one for any coupons. Amazon had a great price for toiles. My sewing machine was already shipped. I needed to make more space in my bedroom and living room for it and my mannequins. I should request a new townhouse in general. Julian's was more extensive than mine, and I was close to bringing my stuff to his.

I paid and fell back on my bed with my iPad on my chest. Sahiti's course wasn't easy as I thought. My lazy ass thought I was only going to draw, not make. Thank God, Agea already had an experience in fashion design because I was lost. My mind was built to do business and count money, not make dresses. At the same time, I was starting to make money. My collaboration with Fenty was going perfectly, and so was Fashion Nova. Maria was right about other brands wanting me once I was in the spotlight. On Saturday, I had a meeting planned with Maddie to discuss some new offers.

Three days flew since Xavier was brutally attacked. He was still bruised, but it didn't stop him from being himself. No one could make fun of him since he was our friend. Agea would slit anybody's throat for Xavier.

Things had been a little weird with Julian. We didn't really talk to each other. It was just your casual "how are you?" "did you eat?" "Great, I'll see you later", then we go on with our activities. We both were pretty tense about what happened. He shut down entirely from me, and I stopped pushing. Where would this behavior bring us?

Moses was still at the hospital with a broken jaw and two ribs. He fell on his neck when Julian slammed him, dislocating his shoulder. He chose to press charges against Julian, and they utterly dismissed it since he was the attacker in both cases. Trinity Fox expelled him. There was a great chance once he recovered, he was going to jail.

I thought about it, and I figured it was time to do something. I didn't know what else to consider. I wanted to help Julian. And who else helped me better than Chris when I needed it. Maybe if Julian talked to him for a minute, he would have a sense of clarity.

I texted Chris to see if he was available. He texted right back to tell me he wasn't far from campus, and we could see each other in a few minutes. I couldn't risk him coming inside. I didn't intend to tell Julian I was going out this evening, so I told Chris to wait for me a few blocks down.

I jumped in the shower pronto. I grabbed whatever outfit I found lying around my closet. As I was styling my hair, my front door opened.

"Shit." I groaned. I didn't expect Julian to come right now, and I was in a hurry.

He knocked at my bedroom door. I permitted him to enter.

"Hey..." He sat on my bed.

"Hey...I thought you were out. " I put on my earrings.

"I was, but I needed to talk to you. Are you going somewhere?"

"Yea, um, I have a few things to pick up at the store...I-I need them for my designer class." I lowered my eyes. I hated lying to him, but I had no choice.

"Can that wait for a minute? I really want to talk to you."

"I need to pick up these things as soon as possible." I grabbed my purse next to him, avoiding eye contact as much as I could.

"Xemina, please." He grabbed my forearm.

"Julian, can this wait after I come back? I am not going to take long, and we can discuss whatever it is over dinner?" I proposed.

He thought about it for a few seconds before nodding.

"Alright, do you need a ride?"

"I already called an Uber."