Hands to Themselves

Start from the beginning

He observes her and truly misses hearing she and Brooklyn cooking those enormous breakfasts and lunches in his house. He's so enthralled in his watching her and reminiscing that he doesn't hear her calling him.

"Earth to Rome?!" As he blinks and shakes his head to focus his vision, Eden giggles. "Thought I lost you there!"

"I'm sorry I zoned out. What's up?"

"You wanna try the macaroni before I bake it?"

"Does a wolf have four legs?! Hell yes, do you know how badly I've missed your macaroni and cheese?! I used to eat that shit for breakfast some days!"

"Ewww!" Snorting, Eden covers her face as she giggles after handing him a small bowl of the cheesy perfection.

"Did you just snort?! E, that's adorable!"

Shoveling fork fulls of the macaroni and cheese in his mouth, Rome gives her a wide closed mouth grin.

"Nooo! I hate it!" Checking the lamb, she tries to stifle her laughter.

Allowing a comfortable silence to befall them, Rome watches her finish cooking and plating their food. As she places his plate in front of him and takes the countertop stool next to his, he smiles.

"I hope you like it." Cutting her meat she gives him a silly smile.

"You poisoned my shit didn't you?! That's why you bein so damn nice to my ass! Eden?! You tryna kill me?!"

"Ahaha! Noooo!" Swatting his arm, she laughs wildly. "Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't cause of Cai! He loves you too much and Nile wouldn't let me do it to Legend!"

Pursing his lips at her as she snickers, he just watches her.

"Gosh fine! Here!" Switching their plates, she laughs. "Better?!"

"I don't know, you gave me your plate too quickly!" Laughing he cuts into his meat. "Taste test! On three!"

"Ok, on three!" Obliging, she giggles and holds her fork to his mouth as he holds his fork to her mouth. "One, two, three!"

Placing the forks in each other's mouths, he watches her soft luscious lips enclose the fork as she watches his full soft mouth engulf her fork. Almost simultaneously they are both catapulted back to the night of their date when they fed each other for the first time. Raising her eyebrow she smiles as he chews.

"See unpoisoned! You like it?"

"Hell nah....I love this shit! It's bussin!"

"See?! That's why the babies love it!"

Letting the food and utensils keep their mouths and attention busy, Rome feels an incessant need to ask Eden something.

"E?"

"Hmm?" Chewing, she looks up at him.

"I need to know something."

"Rome?"

"No, I just need to know."

"What?"

"When you left a month and a half ago, when you walked out of my office."

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Did you mean what you said?"

"About what, Rome?" Knowing exactly what he's referring to, Eden asks just to give herself more time to think.

"When you said you were happy with me and actually started to love me? Were you serious?"

"What I tell you on the ride home from the party?"